Oh My Gawd!!! Not Astroboy too!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Gawd!!! Not Astroboy too!!!!

Worf101
07-27-2009, 06:13 AM
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/astro-boy/trailer

God as my witness if they eff this one up I'm gettin' a gun and goin' a huntin' After the disgusting display that was "Speed Racer" I was praying that early Japanese animation would be left alone. Obviously no such effin' luck. Oh the humanity.

Da Worfster

GMichael
07-27-2009, 08:46 AM
If someone thinks they can make money from it, they will butcher anything.

Next up, a movie about The Flying Nun. "This time, Carlos Ramirez gets his way."

kexodusc
07-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Could be worse, way back I heard Tim Burton was doing Astroboy..what an abortion that would have been.

3LB
07-27-2009, 09:53 AM
At least they kept it what it is...a cartoon. I think that was Speed Racer's downfall (that, and the fact that the original cartoon sucked anyway). You'd think after the quick demise of The Flintstones, Inspector Gadget, Bullwinkle, Scooby Doo and the aformentioned Speed Racer, and the relatively poor turnout of so-called illustrated novels-come-movie projects, that they'd be afraid to keep foisting this stuff on us...well, foisting is a harsh term...we don't have to go see it, and for the most part, we don't. But does Hollyweird take the hint? Oh hells nah...somebody out there is hellbent on making us believe that Japanese anime' is high art, and not just the cartoons...that they are.

At least the makers of Scooby Doo and other cartoons know they're taking a dumb cartoon and turning it into a dumb movie.

I'm sure Gumby and Davey & Goliath can't be far behind. Thank God my kids are too old to want to see that talking guinae pig ****.

GMichael
07-27-2009, 10:28 AM
How about Felix The Cat? I'd love to see the Master Cylinder in HD.

Worf101
07-27-2009, 03:33 PM
How about Felix The Cat? I'd love to see the Master Cylinder in HD.
I got dibs on Rock Bottom...

Corageous Cat and Minute Mouse!!!! FTW!!!!

Da Worfster

GMichael
07-28-2009, 05:11 AM
I got dibs on Rock Bottom...

Corageous Cat and Minute Mouse!!!! FTW!!!!

Da Worfster

Did you say that in your best Frog (Chauncey) voice?

Top Cat could end up good too. I'd pay to see that train wreck.:lol:

Auricauricle
07-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Aw, come on guys! Who's gonna grow up and give Fritz a shot?

markw
07-28-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm still waiting for a live action version of the smurfs.

Oh wait, we've already got the Blue Man Group.

At least this Astro Boy remains in the animted domain so I do have some hope it'll turn out better than Speed Racer. That has to be one of the worst ficks ever made.

I did kinds enjoy Underdog though. I didn't compare it too strongly to the cartoon. I just took it as a new movie with a tip of the hat to the cartoon.