Thrifty finds [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thrifty finds

Stone
07-26-2009, 04:12 PM
So I mentioned in the "So what happened to Nobody?" thread that I've been scrounging for vinyl the last couple of years. Most of this scrounging/diving/digging is in thrift stores or at garage/estate sales. Yeah, most of the stuff at these places sucks, and if I never see another Montovani or greatest hits of soft rock album in my life, that'll be fine. But it's a lot of fun to find something even halfway decent, and especially fun to find that near mint Emmit Rhodes self-titled album in a pile of beat up classical albums, and pay a quarter to take it home.

Anyway, here are a few that I bought lately, and paid a total of $2.47:

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf600/f672/f67284ch3u3.jpg
Bill Withers - Still Bill

I already had this on CD, but this is a fine album, and definitely worth the price of admission. "Lean on Me" is the big hit here, but there a bunch of great smooth soul tunes here such as "Use Me" and "Lonely Town, Lonely Street."

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf500/f550/f55045psg7m.jpg
The Time - Ice Cream Castle

Prince had his hands all over this, and it produced two big hits that showed up in the movie Purple Rain, but it's pretty inconsistent. It was kinda fun hearing "Jungle Love" again, but I don't see this one getting heavy rotation.

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drj000/j090/j09073g73uh.jpg
Cheap Trick - Heaven Tonight

I already had this one too, but it's a damn good piece of guitar pop/power pop, and I couldn't pass it up.

And finally, the BIG find:

http://indychristian.com/images/superbowl_shuffle.jpg
The Chicago Bears Shufflin' Crew - "Superbowl Shuffle" 12"

Yeah the song sucks, but it's a piece of history! And, not only is there the regular vocal mix, but also an extended vocal mix, AND an instrumental mix. In case you're wondering, yes I have listened to it (and yes it will collect a layer of dust sitting on my shelf before it gets pulled out again).

So, any of you have any thrifty finds lately you want to share?

3LB
07-27-2009, 07:30 AM
In case you're wondering, yes I have listened to it (and yes it will collect a layer of dust sitting on my shelf before it gets pulled out again).

but did you dance to it?

Hell, that might actually be worth some money on Ebay (but you'd think someone woulda thought of that already).

I haven't been doing much of any buying lately (laid off) but I do scrounge the bargin bins. One bargin bin I found was at a grocery outlet of sorts and they had a large bin with DVDs and CDs - CDs for 3 and 4 bucks. Among them were quite a few I already had, or had in another form, or hadn't heard in years, like Dream Theater's Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence, Guster's Ganging Up On The Sun, Charlie Daniels Band Saddle Tramp, and OMC's How Bizarre. I splurged and picked up OMC and CDB.

I had OMC on tape years ago, but this was my first time getting them on CD (I had a CD-R of this from the library as well). But at $2.99, I couldn't resist. Guilty pleasure to be sure, but not half bad either. The CDB prolly isn't the most essential album in his canon (if any are), but it does have the short gem Wichita Jail and the long jam title track (when jamming was still cool). Its from the mid '70s before Daniels really took off (before the Urban Cowpie craze) and started making really dumb **** like Devil Went Down To Georgia. My brother-in-law had a few of the older CDB like this on 8-track and I'd hear them when ever I visited him and my sister on their farm.

3LB
07-27-2009, 07:55 AM
I had that Time album on cassette back when it came out. Morris Day really stole Price's thunder in the movie Purple Rain, but other than a couple of songs, this album was a kind of letdown of sorts. Lots of production and if I remember right, a few tunes even sound like they were recycled for Prince's other projects, (Vanity 6, Appalonia 6, Sheila E) a year or two later - the second or third track sound a tad like one of Sheila E's tunes (Glamorous Life?).

A few songs over-stay their welcome, like the show stopper from Purple Rain, The Bird, which is nearly 8 minutes long, only has a few lyrics in it, is mostly a jam session and seems to be driven by the idea that Day sounds like a bird when he squaks, "Whaat!! have you heard?" Terribly unoriginal since it uses the same rhyming senario as the '60s surf tune The Bird. This song sounded eerily like James Brown's Living In America, which came about a year later.

This album rarely got played by me, but still got played a lot, because everyone was curious about it - Morris Day definitely did not live up to his billing post-Purple Rain. Mostly a compnaion piece to Purple Rain, The Time/Morris Day will always be remembered for that more than a being a group, which maybe it never was really. I'd heard a rumor (prolly true) that Prince played most of the instruments on the album, while the other 'band members' were the touring group, which I also heard, changed with every album. I've only heard a few tracks from the earlier Time albums, but what I did hear didn't make me want to investigate further.

Finch Platte
07-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Man, our local Rasputin's has a fitty-cent CD bin that I scrounge thru 3x a week. I've found some real keepers, and some real dogs, of course, but they go straight to the local Friends Of the Library, where some fool pays up to $3 apiece for 'em.

I'll list some of my good finds when I think of it. But, yeah- I'm on a budget as well, so it satisfies both my music shopping needs and my need for "new" music. :o

I can't believe how busy Rasputin's is- it used to be a Tower Records, and I never remember it being that busy.

nobody
07-28-2009, 07:21 AM
I am jealous, crutching around with my broken foot does not facilitate dragging myself around thrift stores, or mostly just not being able to carry around anything I find once there. I even skipped a record show in town a couple weeks ago because of it. Always fun to be had digging through piles of old vinyl.

Finch Platte
07-28-2009, 07:44 AM
I am jealous, crutching around with my broken foot does not facilitate dragging myself around thrift stores, or mostly just not being able to carry around anything I find once there. I even skipped a record show in town a couple weeks ago because of it. Always fun to be had digging through piles of old vinyl.

Wha-?!? How'd you break your foot, trying to remove it from your mouth again?

You needs to get one of these ----> http://thesatchelpages.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/hangover-218x300.jpg

Auricauricle
07-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Years ago, a friend pulled this li'l gem out....The Best of Louie Louie, Vol. 1, by Rhino.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWi5MC8ldkY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWi5MC8ldkY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Stone
07-28-2009, 08:26 AM
I had that Time album on cassette back when it came out. Morris Day really stole Price's thunder in the movie Purple Rain, but other than a couple of songs, this album was a kind of letdown of sorts. Lots of production and if I remember right, a few tunes even sound like they were recycled for Prince's other projects, (Vanity 6, Appalonia 6, Sheila E) a year or two later - the second or third track sound a tad like one of Sheila E's tunes (Glamorous Life?).

A few songs over-stay their welcome, like the show stopper from Purple Rain, The Bird, which is nearly 8 minutes long, only has a few lyrics in it, is mostly a jam session and seems to be driven by the idea that Day sounds like a bird when he squaks, "Whaat!! have you heard?" Terribly unoriginal since it uses the same rhyming senario as the '60s surf tune The Bird. This song sounded eerily like James Brown's Living In America, which came about a year later.

This album rarely got played by me, but still got played a lot, because everyone was curious about it - Morris Day definitely did not live up to his billing post-Purple Rain. Mostly a compnaion piece to Purple Rain, The Time/Morris Day will always be remembered for that more than a being a group, which maybe it never was really. I'd heard a rumor (prolly true) that Prince played most of the instruments on the album, while the other 'band members' were the touring group, which I also heard, changed with every album. I've only heard a few tracks from the earlier Time albums, but what I did hear didn't make me want to investigate further.

I have also heard that Prince played all or most of the instruments on it, but I don't think the lineup changes significantly, at least early on.

I do have the self-titled debut on CD, and it's decent but definitely not a masterpiece.

nobody
08-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Busted foot playing soccer, nothing dramatic or exciting. I really need to start using a better story.

But, it should be healed up in time for the next record show. If not, I am going to have to badger someone into coming along with me while I hobble around and they carry my stuff. I've missed the last two and I am going into withdrawal.

Stone
08-15-2009, 02:10 PM
I went to a garage sale today that was advertised as having "1000s of records" and it didn't disappoint. I'm guessing they had a couple thousand LPs and probably 3000 45s, in addition to maybe 1000 CDs.

I walked away with the latest Vanderslice CD, and 17 LPs. Here's a sampling of what I picked up for a total of $19:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2422/3824578702_c40e33b1c7.jpg

thekid
08-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Nice pick ups, looks like I see a Byrds and a Mott the Hoople LP.
I only visited two places today and picked up Poco "Crazy Eyes" and Sea Level.

Auricauricle
08-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Man...!

Last week, I spent some time playing nurse to my mom who broke her hip and gashed her head (tripped over the cat and 'phone line). While home, I rummaged through the garage looking for a wrench or whatever and stumbled into a stack of some of my old vinyl. Included were Nautilus recs or Saucerful of Secrets and Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Japanese vinlys of The Lost Pink Floyd Album, Moroder's Soundtrack to Cat People, Zabriskie's Point and 10cc's Deceptive Bends. Many other albums were in there that went to the murky past: Liza Minelli's My Funny Valentine, Jefferson Airplane's Crown of Creation and a pile of Strawbs: Grave New World, Ghosts, Hero and Heroine and Just a Collection or Antiques and Curios.

All of them were in various states of near ruin. 20 years of dust, spiders' webs and rat droppings and water damage....At first, I wanted to scream bloody murder, but when I found many of them salvageable, I resolved to kill my parents and hole myself up in a room with a shotgun and a turntable until the authorities came.

JDaniel
08-16-2009, 05:03 PM
I picked these up today at a local record show, all in excellent condition:

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 243pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=324 border=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 106pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5156" width=141><COL style="WIDTH: 8pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 402" width=11><COL style="WIDTH: 129pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6290" width=172><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 106pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=141 height=17>Warren Zevon</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 8pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=11>-</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 129pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=172>Excitable Boy</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>The Clash </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">-</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Promo - This is Radio Clash</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Little Feat</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">-</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Dixie Chicken</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Little Feat</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">-</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Waiting for Columbus</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Don McLean</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">-</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">American Pie (sealed)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Steeleye Span</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">-</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Pacel of Rogues</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Los Lobos</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">-</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">By the Light of the Moon</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Elton John</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">-</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Tumbleweed Connection</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Jerry Jeff Walker</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">-</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Viva Terlingua</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>The Richie Furay Band</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">-</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">I've Got A Reason</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Guadalcanal Diary</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">-</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Jamboree</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

JD

Mr MidFi
08-17-2009, 06:55 AM
Jeez, JD... that is an awesome assemblage of tunes you got there! Seriously, those are my favorite titles from Zevon, Little Feat, McLean, Lobos (maybe), EJ (maybe) and Guadalacanal D. Great haul!

So... how them Vols looking this year?

3LB
08-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Besides used stuff, where can I find a list of new releases on vinyl?

JDaniel
08-17-2009, 05:17 PM
:21:
Besides used stuff, where can I find a list of new releases on vinyl?

Check out
http://www.soundstagedirect.com/

They have lots of new vinyl. I can recommend others too, if this one doesn't fit the bill.

I just emailed you the manual for the Elac.

JD

JDaniel
08-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Jeez, JD... that is an awesome assemblage of tunes you got there! Seriously, those are my favorite titles from Zevon, Little Feat, McLean, Lobos (maybe), EJ (maybe) and Guadalacanal D. Great haul!

So... how them Vols looking this year?

My Vols are not looking as good as your Dawgs. I like Kiffin, but we are 2 years away from competing in the East. Fulmer didn't leave him much talent in the stable.

Yeah, that was a good haul. I was pleased.

JD

Stone
08-18-2009, 06:05 AM
Nice pick ups, looks like I see a Byrds and a Mott the Hoople LP.
I only visited two places today and picked up Poco "Crazy Eyes" and Sea Level.

I don't think I've ever listened to Poco outside of the hits they had. How would you describe their sound on those records?

At first, I wanted to scream bloody murder, but when I found many of them salvageable, I resolved to kill my parents and hole myself up in a room with a shotgun and a turntable until the authorities came.

Sounds like a plan, although I'm not sure Pink Floyd records, except for Piper maybe, would be worth it.

And JD, nice stash. That Guadalcanal Diary record is great, and often overlooked in my experience.

3LB
08-18-2009, 07:06 AM
My Vols are not looking as good as your Dawgs. I like Kiffin, but we are 2 years away from competing in the East. Fulmer didn't leave him much talent in the stable.

No he didn't. Where did Fulmer wind up anyway? I think there might be some down years ahead for us Vol fans...but then again, I didn't think Pete Carroll would amount to much in the NCAA either.

Fulmer sure didn't recruit like he was going to be around a long time, did he?

Auricauricle
08-18-2009, 09:24 AM
It's not the worth of these things, moneywise....If someone could could come up with a perfume (call it Olde Vinyl, mebbe), I'd buy it in a 20-bit minute!

Stone
08-22-2009, 09:26 AM
My latest haul, from a garage sale, was 10 country albums from the 60s. All of them are in good shape and I paid a grand total of 25 cents.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3483/3846080924_b6074b8bd5.jpg

Stone
05-27-2010, 11:54 AM
I had to bump this thread because I went to a garage sale today, and the proprietor has a basement full of boxes of vinyl. He estimates about 30,000 records down there. I spent a 1/2 hour flipping through a few of them, but didn't get close to making a dent in flipping through all of them. He has all of them (save for about 5 banker boxes) each individually priced, and sorted by genre and alphabetized. He's available by appointment, so he's basically running a used vinyl store out of his basement. Anyway, I picked up the following for $4 total:

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4586/img00030201005271540.jpg

thekid
05-27-2010, 02:10 PM
I had to bump this thread because I went to a garage sale today, and the proprietor has a basement full of boxes of vinyl. He estimates about 30,000 records down there. I spent a 1/2 hour flipping through a few of them, but didn't get close to making a dent in flipping through all of them. He has all of them (save for about 5 banker boxes) each individually priced, and sorted by genre and alphabetized. He's available by appointment, so he's basically running a used vinyl store out of his basement. Anyway, I picked up the following for $4 total:

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4586/img00030201005271540.jpg

Well I hope he lets you come back and look at the remaining 29,000 records....

BTW-nice pick-ups though I am not sure what the LP with the Mummer's on it is.

Also on a side note (apologize if I have asked before) where abouts in Michigan are you located? I was born in Marlette and still have family back in SE Michigan.

3LB
05-27-2010, 02:20 PM
coincidentally Stone, I been on a thrift bender of late (not as thrifty as yours) one of the vendors at Amazon.com is selling for cheap. I've picked up a few older CD titles from the '70s, two of them Thin Lizzy albums (Bad Reputation, Johnny The Fox) as well as 10cc:Original Soundtrack, Roger Glover's Butterfly Ball, Weather Report:Heavy Weather, Return To Forever:Romantic Warrior, Camel:Nude, Breathless & Raindances, Pavement:Crooked Rain Crooked Rain.

Stone
05-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Well I hope he lets you come back and look at the remaining 29,000 records....

BTW-nice pick-ups though I am not sure what the LP with the Mummer's on it is.

Also on a side note (apologize if I have asked before) where abouts in Michigan are you located? I was born in Marlette and still have family back in SE Michigan.

Bottom left album is Dead Kennedys - Frankenchrist.

I'm in Kalamazoo. I worked in Grand Rapids for 13 years before taking a job down here.

Rae
05-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Man, I haven't done this in way too long, although I did snag this one out of a garage sale's "free" bin recently:

http://www.vinylonthe.net/blah/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/2009-09-27_liberties.JPG

~Rae

3LB
05-27-2010, 06:06 PM
I was born in Marlette and still have family back in SE Michigan. born in Lansing myself - have family in Pittsford and Hillsdale (some in Flint I've never seen)

Stone
05-28-2010, 04:07 AM
born in Lansing myself - have family in Pittsford and Hillsdale (some in Flint I've never seen)

Well, I'm a transplant, but I plan on staying here.

Jim Clark
06-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Take a sandwich and spend the day down in that basement. I never run across any punk rock albums ( the holy grail). Nice finds.

jc

Stone
06-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Yeah, used punk albums are hard to find even in decent record stores, so when I saw that DK, I snatched it immediately. I will give the guy a call some time and sift through everything. He has a lot of junk, but also a lot of really good stuff and man it's fun to dig through.

thekid
06-01-2010, 02:29 PM
born in Lansing myself - have family in Pittsford and Hillsdale (some in Flint I've never seen)

I knew there was something about you that I liked.......