Hello everybody! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody!

skiskort
07-24-2009, 06:54 AM
Hi, I am new to this site and looking forward to the information and years of experience I have seen here! I have recently been disabled and am getting back into listening and collecting music and audio gear. I thoroughly enjoy the helpful posts and will write some of my own when I have become a little more "experienced". So cheers everybody!

Feanor
07-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Hi, I am new to this site and looking forward to the information and years of experience I have seen here! I have recently been disabled and am getting back into listening and collecting music and audio gear. I thoroughly enjoy the helpful posts and will write some of my own when I have become a little more "experienced". So cheers everybody!

Welcome to AR Forums, skiskort.

Your occasion might have been happier but I'm sure you will enjoy the music and hifi hobby.

atomicAdam
07-24-2009, 12:52 PM
welcome welcome -

don't think you have to know everything to contribute. any thing you are stoked about or have questions on - just post'em up.

enjoy!

-adam

skiskort
07-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanx for the kind grettings!

hifitommy
07-25-2009, 01:19 PM
as my friend's little girl used to say at halloween during trick or treating. this and the other forums are informative. by that i mean www.audioasylum.com, www.audikarma.com, www.audiocircle.com, and others that are available.

dont be bullied by anyone, its not acceptable behavior here or anywhere else. we all usually try to squelch that in the beginning of hostility.

i hope your disability doensnt prevent you from participating in our sport. it would be good to list your system in your porfile. i did so by listing in the asylum and providing a link to it here so anyone can see what i am currently running in terms of equipment,

so relax and enjoy.

javamark
07-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Welcome from Australia!
I joined about 5 years ago but only just started posting and I will start reviewing shortly.
Everyone I have met thus far has been fantastic, and very helpful.
Hope you have heaps of fun!

skiskort
07-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanx again for your warm welcomes! I did list my gear in the profile page? is there something else I should do so it displays?

JoeE SP9
07-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Welcome from Philadelphia. List your gear in your signature and it will show up.

skiskort
07-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanx will do, My gear is Yamaha MX-1, RX-797 using as control, SACD DVD S2500, PF-800 TT, KX-W952, GE-60 eq, Infinity Kappa8.1i and RS 6000

02audionoob
07-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Welcome to the forum, skiskort. I do see your system in your profile. So...what kind of music have you been enjoying in your newly re-discovered hobby?

skiskort
07-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi, thanx for your greeting! I am mostly into rock, blues, bluegrass, some classical and what ever other recorded music that was layed down well, that I happen to run across from thrift shops, yard sales etc...