Sports noise cancellation head phone... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sports noise cancellation head phone...

TFerguson
07-23-2009, 05:35 AM
I tried searching here and Google without much luck.

I need headphones for cycling on a trainer indoors with some seriously loud fans keeping me cool. They are going to get soaked with sweat. Are there any noise cancellation phones made to get 'wet'? I don't need anything great - mostly cycling and TV show DVDs.

TIA,
TF

Mr Peabody
07-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Have you tried the in the ear earbuds? They don't "cancel" noise but they are like an ear plug so the sound is blocked. Also, being in your ear they should be protected from sweat. I've got some AKG that are pretty good, the bass response has a hump but I think most people like that. Surprisingly, I haven't been totally happy with the Sennheisers I've heard, the mid's seem nasally but I haven't heard their really expensive earbuds. I was impressed with the sound of Creative Labs earbud. With the earbud in I can still hear some outside noise but when the music starts it pretty much blocks everything. Most offer 3 sizes of sleeves so you can get a snug fit. I've used the AKG in the same type of setting you describe as well as on city buses.

dakatabg
08-07-2009, 10:07 AM
I don't believe headphones with noise cancellation exist!

Mr Peabody
08-07-2009, 08:26 PM

And, you are saying this to be sarcastic, meaning you haven't been happy with any you found? Or, you haven't been to an electronics store in the last ten years?

Freewillisdead112
08-07-2009, 08:34 PM

since the last time i was at walmart/target/bestbuy i rekin that bose, sony, jvc, skullcandy(dont buy) and panny all make noise cancelers. so if they do, im sure that higher end brands make a better version of what your looking for.

Is there a certain type of music your going to be listening to?

winston
09-07-2009, 09:22 AM
I tried searching here and Google without much luck.

I need headphones for cycling on a trainer indoors with some seriously loud fans keeping me cool. They are going to get soaked with sweat. Are there any noise cancellation phones made to get 'wet'? I don't need anything great - mostly cycling and TV show DVDs.

TIA,
TF
HI TFerguson" i hope you find some headphones to serve your needs?? however if you don't you could try these SENNHEISER PMX-80 NECK BAND HEADPHONE...(they're not noise cancellation phones) but they might work for you....BECAUSE they're sweat and water resistance/ washable under running water..the specs (19 Hz to 21 kHz) the input impedance 64 ohms the wt on these things <> 1 oz and they drop some serious beats not audiophile Q but serious beats to help with your sports noise issues.
they cost around $60.bucks (they're from the SENN. basswind series)

poppachubby
09-07-2009, 12:54 PM
HI TFerguson" i hope you find some headphones to serve your needs?? however if you don't you could try these SENNHEISER PMX-80 NECK BAND HEADPHONE...(they're not noise cancellation phones) but they might work for you....BECAUSE they're sweat and water resistance/ washable under running water..the specs (19 Hz to 21 kHz) the input impedance 64 ohms the wt on these things <> 1 oz and they drop some serious beats not audiophile Q but serious beats to help with your sports noise issues.
they cost around $60.bucks (they're from the SENN. basswind series)

At 64 ohms he'll need an amp and that kind of defeats the sports angle, no?