Oh good lord, finally!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Oh good lord, finally!!!

Dave_G
07-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Neil Young remasters. Harvest, After the Gold Rush, Neil Young, and everyone knows this is nowhere.

HDCD
196 KHz

Unreal sound. Simply stunning. And a steal at Best Buy for $9.99 and excellent booklets.

If you love NY then you gotta get these babys. Supposedly on lp too soon! Harvest is chillingly good sounding.

Yay!

Dave

teej
07-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Hey Dave...I thought about you on the 4th of July....I flew into Hawaii the morning of the 4th to visit family. My Aunt and Uncle were going to watch fireworks at a field at some military base...they said they would do a picnic dinner and they had music and booths and stuff for food and fun things for the kids. I thought it might be cool to check out some local music so I went along.....when we got to the field there were thousands of people there. When the music started I saw the stage was broadcast on a huge screen....I thought the screen was above the stage until I realized the screen was only half way between me and the stage..this was a huge place and the band wasn't bad. Proggy sounding with a violin and electric guitar trading lead riffs. "Sounds like Kansas" I thinks to myself...then I happen to see someone with a program and indeed it WAS Kansas!

"Bye!" I said to my family and daughter, and worked my way up to the stage. Pretty cool...I accidentally got to see Kansas for free! I thought DaveG is gonna love this story.

btw - later that evening a military band went on stage and played the finale of the 1812...complete with real friggin' cannons! I've never had the pleasure to experience that!
It was quite a memorable 4th.

tj

Finch Platte
07-27-2009, 07:36 AM
"Sounds like Kansas" I thinks to myself...then I happen to see someone with a program and indeed it WAS Kansas!

tj

Did they play anything new?

Haaw haaw hawwwwwww!! :crazy:

ForeverAutumn
07-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Hey Dave...I thought about you on the 4th of July....I flew into Hawaii the morning of the 4th to visit family. My Aunt and Uncle were going to watch fireworks at a field at some military base...they said they would do a picnic dinner and they had music and booths and stuff for food and fun things for the kids. I thought it might be cool to check out some local music so I went along.....when we got to the field there were thousands of people there. When the music started I saw the stage was broadcast on a huge screen....I thought the screen was above the stage until I realized the screen was only half way between me and the stage..this was a huge place and the band wasn't bad. Proggy sounding with a violin and electric guitar trading lead riffs. "Sounds like Kansas" I thinks to myself...then I happen to see someone with a program and indeed it WAS Kansas!

"Bye!" I said to my family and daughter, and worked my way up to the stage. Pretty cool...I accidentally got to see Kansas for free! I thought DaveG is gonna love this story.

btw - later that evening a military band went on stage and played the finale of the 1812...complete with real friggin' cannons! I've never had the pleasure to experience that!
It was quite a memorable 4th.

tj

What a cool story!