Compatibility [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility

avgal
07-21-2009, 12:26 AM
hello guys..... i need help in deciding the best pair of speakers with Denon AVR 2807... I have liestened to Epos M12i, S 606 pairs.. I have a mind of listening to Quad 21L2, TSI 400, RTI A5 Pairs as well... And I am really confused... The AVR has a power handling capacity of 110 w * 8 Ohms, 130 watts per channel * 6 Ohms.. which means that when bi-amped it will give a max power of at least 200watts....please help......

Mr Peabody
07-21-2009, 07:29 AM
I haven't heard the Epos but they have a good rep. Our Denon dealers mostly carry B&W, the combo of Denon with the entry B&W sounds pretty good.

Are you set on biamping for some reason?

Don't get caught up on specs. It's a good thing to have more power than you need and will not hurt anything as long as you don't go too far with the volume. In most instances a speaker is fine as long as it receives clean power. It's when you try to drive a speaker loud with out enough power that you run into problems. This causes your amp to "clip", the signal from the amp becomes distorted and this tends to blow speakers, especially tweeters.

If they would be in your budget, take a listen to Dynaudio's Excite series.