Dream Theatre. Wank, wank, wank. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dream Theatre. Wank, wank, wank.

Finch Platte
03-22-2004, 12:32 PM
nine ninety nine... nine ninety nine... the whisper came from an endcap at Tower this morning. I looked over, and there were a couple of Dream Theatre DVDs beckoning, a bright $9.99 sticker shining in the corners.

Hmmm. Live. The final performance of "Scenes From A Memory," whatever that is. I had vague recollections of hearing a couple of DT songs, so I knew they were a bit prog, so that and the price bit me.

*wank* "Great" players (Portnoy on drums is a powerhouse), but golly, they *wank* could have spent a little more money on the singer. He's nowhere near the par of the players. He's got great hair, though *wank*. Some pretty cheesy video effects are included at no extra charge.

I'll give it a few more listens. Maybe I'll get one of those 'Vocal Eliminators' you see in the back of Rolling Stone.

fp

DarrenH
03-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Hey Finch,

If you decide to get rid of this DVD let me know.

I'll gladly take that wankery out of your hands.

Darren

ForeverAutumn
03-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Why don't we get deals like that on the North side of the border? It's not fair, I say!

I will be having the pleasure of seeing this band really live, not DVD live, but truly live in the flesh on Thursday evening. They are playing at my favourite Toronto venue. BarryL and I saw them last summer just outside of town, but they shared the bill with Queensryche and Fate's Warning so they only played for about an hour. Thursday's show is DT only. No opening band. Two sets with an intermission. I'm figuring for at least 2 to 2.5 hours of pure DT. I can't wait!

Finchy, if you don't want to hang on to that DVD and you can't find Darren's address ;) I'd be willing to help you part with it too. :D

MasterCylinder
03-22-2004, 02:10 PM
FA...................I'm insanely jealous. Really !

ForeverAutumn
03-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Barry's out of town and flying home on Thursday. If your flight arrives before his, I'll let ya have his ticket. ;)

I'm dragging my hubby along this time too, just so that he can see Portnoy drum. What a treat!

Dusty Chalk
03-22-2004, 03:50 PM
...they *wank* could have spent a little more money on the singer. He's nowhere near the par of the players...You got that right. But at least he sings, rather than screams or growls or both at the same time. So there's that...

Trust me, there's worse.

Finch Platte
03-22-2004, 05:09 PM
The bonus track (among others) A Change Of Seasons, a 25 minute epic with its modicum of vocals is worth the $10 by itself.

Of course, I can always pick one up for someone- $10 plus shipping/tax, if need be.

fp

Dave_G
03-22-2004, 05:40 PM
Hey Finchy,

that's a killer dvd and especially for 10 beans.

Hey !

I'm looking at an NRS2 w/ XT&LX for $1350.00, a 2003 model, brand frikking new, what do you think?

Dave

Finch Platte
03-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Hey Finchy,

that's a killer dvd and especially for 10 beans.

Hey !

I'm looking at an NRS2 w/ XT&LX for $1350.00, a 2003 model, brand frikking new, what do you think?

Dave

Not a screaming price, by any means, but Giants are good rigs.

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2003_full_suspension/product_121170.shtml

I almost bought a Giant a while back- I don't think they made frames big enough for me.

Can you haggle? After all, it's a 2003 model.

fp

kingcrim05
03-28-2004, 11:02 PM
My brother has this DVD, and i'm sick of looking at the $20 they want for it at Best Buy.

Where are we finding these hot deals?

Finch Platte
03-29-2004, 05:46 AM
My brother has this DVD, and i'm sick of looking at the $20 they want for it at Best Buy.

Key words: Tower and Of course, I can always pick one up for someone- $10 plus shipping/tax, if need be.

fp

ForeverAutumn
03-29-2004, 05:52 AM

I just ordered this from Amazon's Canadian site for $16.99 cdn. So, I figured, it's gotta be cheap on the US site, right? After all, $16.99 cdn is only about $12.00 US. WRONG. $21.74 on Amazon's US site. That's wacked! Sorry Kingcrim. You might want to consider ordering this from Amazon.ca.

kingcrim05
03-30-2004, 03:44 PM
Key words: Tower and Of course, I can always pick one up for someone- $10 plus shipping/tax, if need be.

fp

Key Words: Thank and You.

Just ordered it for $12.54 shipped to my door.