Hi! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

very special guest
07-19-2009, 03:15 PM
I've looked all over the web looking for new music and for just the right site to help me on my journey.

I have selected you, the members of Rave Recordings, to be my guide.

First, a little about myself. I am what some of you may refer to as a shut-in. I have always had a problem with open spaces and prefer to stay in my humble abode. Also, my extreme weight does limit my mobility to a degree. But it doesn't mean I'm not adventurous! Oh no. I still have full use of my arms and as soon as I receive my modified, reinforced hover-round, I'll zipping around the condo in no time. I do not feel the need to venture out into the world and with the aid of the internet, I can live a fulfilling life within the safety of my own PC. But I do like to live outside the box when it comes to music.

So what kind of music would you guys recommend to me? I have no borders when it comes to music, or other preferences (hint hint), so don't be afraid to shock me!

I only ask that no one ask me to post a picture, as this may cause some unwanted bias towards my appearence. I keep my window shades drawn because my appearence tends to draw out the worst in people. I have to live on the first floor of my condo and the neighbor kids can be so cruel, calling me jabba-on-wheels, speed racer and other hurtful names. My own nephew has posted pictures of me going to the bathroom on the internet. He has even ordered transgendered call girls online and sent them to my condo, just for a prank. Neighborhood boys keep knocking on my door pretending to be the pizza guy and then they take pictures of me with their cellphones. I have had to install a special slit in the door just so the actual pizza guy can slide the pizza in and I know its actually him. Heaven help me when those round fed runions figure out that little secret.

OK, enough about me. Does anyone here want to share their musical journey with me or recommend something to me? Or maybe just to talk? I can email someone my telephone number as long as they earn my trust.

Slosh
07-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Yech?

02audionoob
07-19-2009, 04:58 PM
We call that TMI where I come from.

Mr Peabody
07-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Most hear enjoy an eclectic taste in music so although your post was certainly informative, your actual question is quite ambiguous. Maybe give us something to go on like your top 10 favorite albums or something. What if we suggested the best of Boxcar Willie or perhaps The Three Tenors, or something old school like NWA's debut album, are you this adventurous?

noddin0ff
07-20-2009, 03:44 AM
Orb?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orb

ForeverAutumn
07-20-2009, 04:46 AM
You definately should go old school prog. Start with Kansas, Genesis (the Peter Gabriel era), and Yes. Once you've listened to the entire catologue of each at least a dozen times, come back and let me know and I'll provide a few more recommendations.

Swish
07-20-2009, 04:55 AM
Yech?

Funny stuff no matter.

3LB
07-20-2009, 07:06 AM
You gotta try some Captain Beefhart - start with Trout Mask Replica

Also look up Henry Cow (no pun intended)

Mr Peabody
07-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Or, go to the thread, "What is Spinning", there's enough suggestions in there to keep one busy for years.

Finch Platte
07-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Yech?

Or his wife.

noddin0ff
07-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Massive attack?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_Attack

Swish
07-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Or his wife.

Hmmmmm.

02audionoob
07-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Is the slot under the door big enough for a Chicago-style pizza? Or does it maybe have to be one of those from Pizza Hut that are so thin they're crispy?

ForeverAutumn
07-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Is the slot under the door big enough for a Chicago-style pizza? Or does it maybe have to be one of those from Pizza Hut that are so thin they're crispy?

I was wondering the same thing.

Mr Peabody
07-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Has our very special guest come and gone?

richmon
07-21-2009, 02:40 PM
I'd suspected Yech too, but the poster didn't mention anything about his leaking colostomy bag, so I'm uncertain.

Mr Peabody
07-21-2009, 09:13 PM
I'd suspected Yech too, but the poster didn't mention anything about his leaking colostomy bag, so I'm uncertain.

Well colostomy bag certainly adds to the graphic detail :) Richmon, what's been going on? You've been scarce lately.