BluRay question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : BluRay question

MasterCylinder
07-14-2009, 12:52 PM
What's the best BluRay out there for the money right now ?
How much $$$ ?
Does the player have any trouble playing other media ?

Mr MidFi
07-15-2009, 05:29 AM
I'd try one of the equipment forums, MC. I do have a new BD player, but it's a cheapy Samsung (BD1500). It does a fairly decent job of upconverting DVD video and reading various surround formats from DVD and CD. But...you can undoubtedly do better. I only got this one because it was a bundle deal w/ the TV.

(Cheapy or no...the few hi-def BD discs I've got look astonishing on it. Especially Dark Knight.)

Luvin Da Blues
07-15-2009, 05:43 AM
From what I'm reading, the new Oppo BR at $499.00 is the one to beat right now.

javamark
07-25-2009, 02:10 PM
I have had the Oppo BDP-83 blu-ray player for a few weeks now and after examining various offerings from Samsung, Pioneer and Sony, this one is (in my opinion) by far the best for picture, sound quality and ease of use.
It also plays (very well I might add) SACD/CD and mine is set up to play blu-rays from all regions.

MasterCylinder
07-27-2009, 04:19 AM
Thanks guys -- that Oppo 83 is getting great reviews at the equipment forum.

Am I to understand that it plays about anything DVD or CD, both audio and video ?

Luvin Da Blues
07-27-2009, 05:30 AM
Am I to understand that it plays about anything DVD or CD, both audio and video ?

Pretty much anything. I'm sure you've checked out their website.

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83/

MasterCylinder
07-27-2009, 05:46 AM
Pretty much anything. I'm sure you've checked out their website.

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83/

Thanks for the link.................I've got a SONY 1080p LCD...........do you go HDMI ?
Also............I still use an old DENON 5.1 and the 5-channel stereo selection is awesome..........should I stick with coax ?
Anybody sell this thing for less than $500 ?

Javier
07-28-2009, 02:45 PM
unfortunetly not yet but you will be amazed with that thing over you LCD display, go for it MC you won´t regret any dollar spent on that machine, it is a great piece of equipment.