i just got a PM from "TheFusionofSightsndSound" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : i just got a PM from "TheFusionofSightsndSound"

markw
07-12-2009, 03:19 PM
"so i may be new to this community but what makes my posts any different than anyone else. Im simply trying to promote an innovate home audio company who sells quality products and deserves someone like me letting a community like this know that they exist."

But he won't accept my PM response, so I'll make it here.

Dear TFSS.

I see you've met the spaminator. Good.

By your own admission, you joined this forum purely to promote your product and that's a big no-no. That's commonly referred to as "spam" and is frowned upon on virtually all forums I can think of.

Now, had you done the proper thing and paid for an advertisement then you would be allowed to have your own little ad. That's what the real companies do. They don't have to try to weasel their way into multitudinous threads to make their presence known. That's "white van" stuff.

And, odds are you can't even post anymore so, no, you're NOT a member of this community. You blew it.

Sincerely, Markw

JohnMichael
07-12-2009, 04:45 PM
You are correct Sir he is no longer a member. :thumbsup:

kexodusc
07-13-2009, 03:56 AM
"so i may be new to this community but what makes my posts any different than anyone else. Im simply trying to promote an innovate home audio company who sells quality products and deserves someone like me letting a community like this know that they exist."

But he won't accept my PM response, so I'll make it here.

Dear TFSS.

I see you've met the spaminator. Good.

By your own admission, you joined this forum purely to promote your product and that's a big no-no. That's commonly referred to as "spam" and is frowned upon on virtually all forums I can think of.

Now, had you done the proper thing and paid for an advertisement then you would be allowed to have your own little ad. That's what the real companies do. They don't have to try to weasel their way into multitudinous threads to make their presence known. That's "white van" stuff.

And, odds are you can't even post anymore so, no, you're NOT a member of this community. You blew it.

Sincerely, Markw
"That's "white van" stuff." Gold!
We need to get Markw some theme music..."Another One Bites the Dust" would be my recommendation.

Worf101
07-13-2009, 06:04 AM
Couldn't have said it any better mah self. Green love for you!!!!

Da Worfster

Woochifer
07-13-2009, 06:46 PM
All the more reason why I leave my PM box full! :D