Orb 2.1 vs B&W bookshelf which is better? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Orb 2.1 vs B&W bookshelf which is better?

pekopeeus
07-08-2009, 10:29 AM
I use my computer a lot to enjoy great music. R&B, Hip Hop, House, Trance, etc. I sit in front of my computer almost 80% of the time when I am home. I brought up Orb because I have 4 of them then I will use the orb super eight subwoofer. I have listened to the B&W bookshelf 600 series and CM series and I honestly think it lacks of bass when I listen to stuff like trance and hip hop. Today I brought my super eight sub to the shop and hooked it up and it sounded actually not bad. What do you guys think? 600 and CM series are already a bit too big in my opinion to put them on my desktop. I want to keep it as clean as possible but also with good sound quality. What do you guys think? I will use the ORB super eight sub woofer no matter what.

Thanks!

audio amateur
07-08-2009, 11:58 AM
I you want loud and lots of bass get Klipsch speakers and a good sub. High fidelity speakers such as B&W are supposed to be are not the best for hard hitting music.

pekopeeus
07-09-2009, 12:55 PM
i can still play hard hitting music if I add a subwoofer, correct?

captjamo
07-09-2009, 02:46 PM
:thumbsup: B & W M1's would be excellent for desktop with an 8" sub as they are 4" with metal tweets, BTW. Show me another 200.00 speaker with new engineering in the simple design crossover and metal tweets also an outstanding compact enclosure design and materials. I have 2 that I use as 5.1 rear and I love these speakers.

BallinWithNash
07-09-2009, 02:48 PM
dude, you can play what ever you want but different speakers are made differently so they like different types of music (when i say like i mean are not made for that genre) ... get some JBL's or Klipsch with a good sub like audio amateur said ... My system (i like to listen to hard rock) has Polk's, JBL's and a 15" sub that is powered by i think 500 watts which is more then enough.... and my JBL's have two 10" woofers on each speaker so I have a total of four 10" woofers and one 15" sub for my bass.... and it really only matters what you think sounds better but if you want clean and good sound quality the B&W's win hands down (in my opinion).

shokhead
07-14-2009, 08:53 AM
I you want loud and lots of bass get Klipsch speakers and a good sub. High fidelity speakers such as B&W are supposed to be are not the best for hard hitting music.
That's pretty nutty.