What CD player to purchase [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What CD player to purchase

texas.chef94
07-06-2009, 05:56 AM
If I am in wrong place, my apology. Just chalk it up to age 77.
Wife is having a 70th birthday and I would like to give her a CD player. I am the one with the PC skills such as they are and I wanted something that would develop a player list and I would create prior to giving it to her. Is there such a device. She has CD's galore, but it may only be one or 2 tunes on a CD she likes. Hope I am making myself clear. Please advise and thanks.:17:

rob_a
07-06-2009, 09:36 AM
I think one of the best ways to do this is with an IPOD from Apple. There are planty of music players out their that have IPOD docks. This way you can take your selected songs from your CD and through Itunes on your computer you can make your own playlist on the IPOD. Then just plug in in to the player. You have your all the songs you want and now you don't.

02audionoob
07-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Do you want a portable player, a standalone player, or a stereo component that goes along with a system that includes an amp and speakers?

texas.chef94
07-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Do you want a portable player, a standalone player, or a stereo component that goes along with a system that includes an amp and speakers?
Stand alone and thanks

02audionoob
07-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Here's one idea - Buy a nice tabletop radio with a built-in CD player that supports MP3 files. Then rip the desired songs to MP3 and put the MP3 files on a CD. The CD should hold maybe 150 songs. The radio at this link also has an iPod dock (see the post by rob_a) in case you eventually go that route.

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/category.cgi?category=ids&item=53CW0320AA000

Mr Peabody
07-06-2009, 08:11 PM
What does she play her CD's on now? Are you just looking to upgrade a component? I think when you said creating a list and she only likes one or two songs on certain CD's that folks automatically thought storage device. Storage is great but it first requires some time to load, even if it's one of those 300 disc jukebox players. Maybe a CD player/recorder, she may enjoy making her own discs.