Apogee Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Apogee Speakers

nsevarino
07-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Hi. I have some Apogee ribbon speakers that I need to get a value on. I have not been able to find much on the pricing on the web about this particular model.

They are: 2
Apogee Acoustics,
Architectural Series Ribbon Wall Speaker

Thanks for your help!

JohnMichael
07-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi. I have some Apogee ribbon speakers that I need to get a value on. I have not been able to find much on the pricing on the web about this particular model.

They are: 2
Apogee Acoustics,
Architectural Series Ribbon Wall Speaker

Thanks for your help!

Have you met, Florian?

Florian
08-05-2009, 09:40 AM
What are you looking for?
What condition are the ribbons, got pictures etc?

bigbob2277
10-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Florian,

I have a near mint pair of Studio Ribbon Array's with the feet, original passive crossovers (removed), DAX Active Crossover System w/PS, and Symo 8 foot speaker cables (one pair per speaker for biamp. What would they be worth if I was interested in selling them? I have custom made solid wood shipping crates with foam interiors, one for each speaker as well. Any help you could offer would be appreciated! Thanks, Bob

The rest of the system is a pair of Classe Audio Fifteen Amps, Pass Aleph P (remote) Preamp, and Krell CD transport/Processors

Florian
10-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Depends really, the SG does not exhibit foam rot and is something like a supercharged Duetta Sig. I would say, someone who knows what he is buying.... maybe around 4K or so. Europe would be a much better place to sell. I personally own Calipers, Stages and Grands. Had DIVAS and Scintillas as well and none of the ones i sold went for less then 10K.

Forget people like RGA, Audio Asylum etc.... those are not the target audience. Write me at f.wiegand@mac.com or send me your phone number. I can help you out.

PS:There is no such thing as a "mint" Scintillas....nowhere, does not exist. And if RGA passes on one, its no suprise. He cant afford the equipment to drive them anyways.

RGA
10-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Edited to avoid confrontation

This fellow bought a pair of Scintilla's for $1,500 and saw two other pairs going for $1k. http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.mpl?forum=mug&n=98138&highlight=apogee+scintilla&r=