Wot's everybutty doing this weekend? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wot's everybutty doing this weekend?

Finch Platte
07-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Not that I care, I'm just bored.

Me? Probably doing more of this (no, that's not me, I just took the pic).

Dirty Harry trail, Lake Tahoe, CA.

Hyfi
07-02-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm heading to Spring Lake NJ for the next week.

http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicv/vfiles19302.jpg

ForeverAutumn
07-03-2009, 04:56 AM
Nice Hyfi. I hope you have better weather than we're having here.

We had a Canada Day holiday on Wednesday so it's just a plain ol' weekend here. I'm just gonna be doing stuff around the house and maybe go hit a bucket of balls if my back is feeling better.

But I had a lovely Canada Day. Thanks for asking. :)

Hyfi
07-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Nice Hyfi. I hope you have better weather than we're having here.

We had a Canada Day holiday on Wednesday so it's just a plain ol' weekend here. I'm just gonna be doing stuff around the house and maybe go hit a bucket of balls if my back is feeling better.

But I had a lovely Canada Day. Thanks for asking. :)

Been gorgeous so far. *0 and sunny, dropping to 60 at night. It is supposed to be this way all week. I can't remember a nicer 4th week here in a long time. We will start in line skating every morning starting tomorrow when most people go home and traffic dies down.

Heading to the Parker House to see a band and have a few Long Island Iced Teas.

Swish
07-05-2009, 03:58 PM
...granddaughter on Friday and had a blast. It's great to see how much fun a 2 year old can have at that place. It was packed and the lines were long for the rides but not the ones for the little kids. I rode the choo choo a couple times and what fun. The kids wave pool was a blast too. She was timid at first, but after getting soaked she didn't want to leave.

We spent the holiday getting stuff ready for the big move, at least earlier on. We took my Triumph TR8 out later in the day for a couple hours and got to hear the Sparklehorse/Danger Mouse cd with oodles of special guests. Good stuff for sure. Then we stopped by a local pub that has a nice outdoor deck and bar. Had a nice sandwich and a couple Harpoon IPAs before heading home.

Today was picnic day for my family, so I flipped burgers and dogs for about 35 or so at a local park. Let there around 3ish and am getting a ton of things in order on my desk while listening to The King - Gravelands, an Elvis impresonator and his band doing covers by dead artists. The first track is Come As You Are, the next Love Will Tear Us Apart. It's a hoot actually.

musicman1999
07-09-2009, 01:53 PM
5 words--Paul Mccartney live Saturday night.

bill

Auricauricle
07-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Two words, Mr. Music: "Yer...dith--picable!"

Hyfi
07-10-2009, 07:13 AM
tomorrow we go back home. What a nice week at the beach. One more trip with the chairs and umbrella today before the packup and drive home in the morning.

I need a vacation from this vacation.......

3LB
07-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm going to see Coldplay with my wife at the Gorge Ampitheater

ForeverAutumn
07-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm going to see Coldplay with my wife at the Gorge Ampitheater

Enjoy the show! We'll be seeing them on July 30.

After working very hard to finish renovations on our sun room the last few weeks, we'll be enjoying the fruits of our labour by having a nice leisurely breakfast in the new room tomorrow (although I do need to shop for a nice little sound system in there). Then a BBQ at a friends place tomorrow night and hopefully a round of golf on Sunday afternoon, if its not raining.

GMichael
07-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Enjoy that hi-fi shopping FA. Sounds like fun. I'll be building a walkway & steps from our deck to the driveway.

Auricauricle
07-10-2009, 12:22 PM
We're just....gettin' hot and chillin' out!

GMichael
07-10-2009, 01:03 PM
We're just....gettin' hot and chillin' out!

Hmmmm.....:shocked:

musicman1999
07-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Two words, Mr. Music: "Yer...dith--picable!"

Did i mention that i went to Sir Paul's soundcheck tonight? Wow, can't wait for tomorrow night.

bill

Doc Sage
07-11-2009, 07:17 AM
This weekend will be quiet. Last weekend we had our local Jazz Fest and got to see some great music.

We are thinking of some racing. We been talking over the last few years of stock car races and how much we enjoyed them in our youth.

Doc Sage

bobsticks
07-11-2009, 10:48 AM
For the second weekend in a row the weather is precluding any serious outdoor fun. That said, I strongly suspect the grille will be in full force tonight with some assorted seafood goodies, maybe a bottle of decent table wine and a few select people to enjoy the lovely combat sports telecast....(which will culminate in the changing of Kex's avi and sig to something borderline inappropriate and completely embarassing)

Finch Platte
07-11-2009, 03:23 PM
For the second weekend in a row the weather is precluding any serious outdoor fun. That said, I strongly suspect the grille will be in full force tonight with some assorted seafood goodies, maybe a bottle of decent table wine and a few select people to enjoy the lovely combat sports telecast....(which will culminate in the changing of Kex's avi and sig to something borderline inappropriate and completely embarassing)

Grille, huh? http://wooddashexperts.com/images/grilles/giovanna/giovanna_grille.jpg

Man, it must be the sh!ts getting the grease out of those little holes.

hifitommy
07-11-2009, 04:41 PM
95f in the shade. goin to the glendale california hilton to see some free live jazz with mark stevens band with cheryl conley singing, purty good stuff fer free. 6p-10p, free parking for 3hrs.

Slosh
07-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Here's how I spent my weekend:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f6/carlisle-09-a-22144/