Living right... Part II = Wharfdale 60E score.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Living right... Part II = Wharfdale 60E score....

thekid
07-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Picking up the Marantz 2245 and KLH 5's were great scores and ones I would be very happy with if I never picked up anything else for the rest of the year. However I am on a roll because I walked into a thrift today and found these for $9. When I asked the shop owner if that price was right, he said yeah cause he never heard of them. He thought they might still be good to someone which is why he had not trashed them.

I have only given them a very brief listen in the garage but they do seem very promising. I have no idea where they would go.

theebadone
07-04-2009, 01:28 PM
nice find, i frequent the goodwill stores myself. I also tell family and friends im looking for old stereo stuff, which lead me to these this week lol.

thekid
07-04-2009, 02:54 PM
nice find, i frequent the goodwill stores myself. I also tell family and friends im looking for old stereo stuff, which lead me to these this week lol.

Nice JBL's. What model???

theebadone
07-04-2009, 09:37 PM
The JBLs are 18 ti. The ti an abbreviation for the titanium tweeters that jbl manufactured to be used in 4 different jbl model speakers manufactured in 1985 of which the 18 ti were the smallest. They came with all the original paper work and even a review from ovation magazine from july of 1985. All for 80.00 from a friend who had not used then in 2 years.