Timecrimes [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Timecrimes

Kam
06-29-2009, 07:17 AM
I just watched this movie (on Instant view if you have Netflix, can watch it now!) and enjoyed it immensely.

The Spanish film starts off with a mild mannered man and his wife discussing their home and construction. He has a pair of binoculars and is watching the woods surrounding his home when he sees something... a woman undressing. He goes to investigate and dives into a very strange series of events. The movie is a very clever time travel movie that goes deep into paradoxes and fate/destiny/choice issues without discussing them ever, but just presenting them to the audience in the actions of this character as he travels in timeand influences himself in the past. It all fits neatly together as you watch it like a slowly forming puzzle.

Definitely worth renting or watching instantly on Netflix! Highly reccomended.

Peace
-K

Worf101
06-30-2009, 05:20 AM
I was looking at putting this in my cue just last week. Now I'll HAVE to do so.. Whassup with M.Knight? What's his next project? How you handling life without "Lost'? Doing any movie makin' yourself?

Da Worfster

Kam
06-30-2009, 05:27 AM
I was looking at putting this in my cue just last week. Now I'll HAVE to do so.. Whassup with M.Knight? What's his next project? How you handling life without "Lost'? Doing any movie makin' yourself?

Da Worfster

lemme know what you think after you watch it. i had two main problems with it, having nothing to with the sci-fi side of things, which i think they handled really well, but from character side of things but don't want to put in any spoilers.

there's a teaser out already for Knight's next movie! it's called The Last Airbender (i think its from a japanese manga comic) that he's doing, with the male kid from Slumdog (instead of me, the bastiches!) life after Lost is always difficult, wednesday nights are just never the same and..... funny you should mention that last part.

i have begun preproduction on a film of my own! i figured i'm upset enough about submitting to projects where the character descriptions are ME minus my name (as in literally my age, race, lack of hair, and height range...) and yet i dont even get the audition. SO... as many others before me, i am taking my career into my own hands and pulling in every contact and resource i've made over the past &#^$^ years and now gonna put my money where my mouth is! So.. i've written the first draft already, had a table read, and working on the second draft, have a few directors in mind to send it to and it'll be 'away we go!'

i was thinking of putting up a blog about the process, or just start a thread on here if you (others) would be interested in reading about the creation of an indie movie from the ground up. (it's a thriller/horror) including all the thoughts going in on it. what do you think?

Worf101
06-30-2009, 05:38 AM
lemme know what you think after you watch it. i had two main problems with it, having nothing to with the sci-fi side of things, which i think they handled really well, but from character side of things but don't want to put in any spoilers.

there's a teaser out already for Knight's next movie! it's called The Last Airbender (i think its from a japanese manga comic) that he's doing, with the male kid from Slumdog (instead of me, the bastiches!) life after Lost is always difficult, wednesday nights are just never the same and..... funny you should mention that last part.

i have begun preproduction on a film of my own! i figured i'm upset enough about submitting to projects where the character descriptions are ME minus my name (as in literally my age, race, lack of hair, and height range...) and yet i dont even get the audition. SO... as many others before me, i am taking my career into my own hands and pulling in every contact and resource i've made over the past &#^$^ years and now gonna put my money where my mouth is! So.. i've written the first draft already, had a table read, and working on the second draft, have a few directors in mind to send it to and it'll be 'away we go!'

i was thinking of putting up a blog about the process, or just start a thread on here if you (others) would be interested in reading about the creation of an indie movie from the ground up. (it's a thriller/horror) including all the thoughts going in on it. what do you think?
Of course I'd be interested in watching the process, literally from the ground up! Your's wouldn't be some anonymous blog either but a living, breathing acquaintence out to make his own film. Chit don't git no better'n than that!!! Count me in!!!

Da Worfster

Kam
07-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Of course I'd be interested in watching the process, literally from the ground up! Your's wouldn't be some anonymous blog either but a living, breathing acquaintence out to make his own film. Chit don't git no better'n than that!!! Count me in!!!

Da Worfster

:D
i'm putting the website together with some info, what's that is up and running, i'll start the thread! thanks for the love!

dean_martin
07-01-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm down with that too. Thread, blog, whatever as long as I can find it.

low budget thriller/horror - the recipe for a masterpiece!

Kam
07-01-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm down with that too. Thread, blog, whatever as long as I can find it.

low budget thriller/horror - the recipe for a masterpiece!

woo hoo! i got two tickets there. i'll be sure to include that in my business plan to investors. guaranteed boxoffice of 2. :D

thanks guys. srsly. :)