Acoustic Research AR HC6 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Research AR HC6

cokaznrebel
11-12-2003, 09:29 AM
I was just wondering if you guys think the Acoustic Research AR HC6. I was also wondering if you guys could help me out in picking a nice reciever for them at or under 200 dollars. These will mostly be used for Audio more than video, and will be hooked up to my computer through coax digital with a M-Audio Revolution 7.1 sound card. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

merlin_72032
11-17-2003, 11:48 PM
If you want to ask about my opinion about AR HC6, you are holding one of the best sub/sat system under $1000. If you don't believe my opinion, please come to this link http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/rosarin1978/AR.pdf

I have the set at home and I run with Pioneer VSX-D711. The system sounds good in both music and movie. You make a right decision man to purchase this system. Try to look for Pioneer reciever and it will complement the system. Enjoy

cokaznrebel
11-19-2003, 05:42 AM
Can you reccomend some good cable that I should use, I am going to use the same reciever that you used, looks good too me. I was just going to pick up some monstor cable at circuit city or something, and other recommendations?

merlin_72032
11-19-2003, 06:34 AM
Can you reccomend some good cable that I should use, I am going to use the same reciever that you used, looks good too me. I was just going to pick up some monstor cable at circuit city or something, and other recommendations?

Well, the reciever that I have has been discontinue but Pioneer has VSX-D712K instead. I believe it is an improve version of my reciever. It has Dolby Digital EX and DTS-EX and 24 bits Motorola Chip to process DSP. You can pick up on Ebay for $200 plus shipping. As Far as cable connection, you can pick up optical cable from Bestbuy or Circuit City. I use AR optical cable to connect my DVD player which is Pioneer as well. I also use Monster cable for my sub and I use speaker cable from Radio Shack but make sure it is 16 guage for maximum signal transfer. I recommend you to use optical cable because you need only one cable to obtain 5.1 surround and it is no hassle. These are all you need and I believe that you will be amazed how well your AR HC6 can reproduce sound image from music and movie. Enjoy man:)