R.I.P. Michael Jackson [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Michael Jackson

3LB
06-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Both AP and LA Times confirmed

Yes, the man lived a rather strange existence, especially the last decade or so, and as much as its going to grate on me that he'll be deified over the next few months, I take no pleasure in his demise.:nonod:

kexodusc
06-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Holy s</>hit. He wasn't old at all...hard to believe.

RoadRunner6
06-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Michael Jackson, the Queen of Pop, Is Dead

Michael Jackson, the Queen of Pop is no longer breathing. There are many young boys who are finally breathing a sigh of relief! God bless and heal the victims of this pedophile.

http://drewmike.file-place.com/2/jacksoncookies.mp3

Swish
06-26-2009, 05:44 AM
At the J.C. Penney because he heard boys pants were half off.

But seriously, he was quite a talent, although most of his stuff really didn't interest me. I have to admit that, as a kid, the old Jackson 5 stuff was played regularly at school dances and such. Keep in mind I'm talking 7th grade stuff, and Michael and I are/were the same age.

He kind of lost touch with reality at some point, ala Mike Tyson, and it was such a waste. I can't understand why anyone would do such damage to themselves physically. Then all the side-show stuff with young boys. WTF was that all about? One of the true icons in the music industry transformed into a circus freak show.

Sad actually. Now the family feuding will begin over who gets what in his estate and the kids and....

MasterCylinder
06-26-2009, 06:19 AM
He kind of lost touch with reality at some point, ala Mike Tyson.

Sad actually. Now the family feuding will begin over who gets what in his estate and the kids and....

RE: Reality.............this happens often and I don't get it.
MJ
B. Spears
Whitney Houston
Elvis
Madonna
James Brown

I think maybe when you believe in your own SuperStarShyt, you lose the grip.
Example = Alice Cooper = straight & normal person that is a showman.

RE: Estate................it's my understanding that MJ is $500 million in debt.
The upcoming tour was (at least in part) to pay off most of that.

kexodusc
06-26-2009, 06:42 AM
RE: Reality.............this happens often and I don't get it.
MJ
B. Spears
Whitney Houston
Elvis
Madonna
James Brown

I think maybe when you believe in your own SuperStarShyt, you lose the grip.
Example = Alice Cooper = straight & normal person that is a showman.

RE: Estate................it's my understanding that MJ is $500 million in debt.
The upcoming tour was (at least in part) to pay off most of that.
According to news sources, he has $1B in assets, and just under $500 million in debt.
His wealth was never compromised, his cash flow problems were the issue...hard to liquidate that goofy ranch of his over night.

My guess is a considerable portion of that debt won't be repaid as a result of his early death and whatever life insurance policies he may have had on those debts. But the majority is probably secured against his assets and income, which was still in the millions each year before his death, and might enjoy a bit of a surge now that he's dead for the next year or two.

In short, plenty of money for everyone to fight over...

Hmmm...everyone criticized him for spending $20-$30 milion per year more than he earned...but if I knew I was going out at age 50, I'd do the same thing.

3LB
06-26-2009, 06:43 AM
He kind of lost touch with reality at some point, ala Mike Tyson, and it was such a waste. I can't understand why anyone would do such damage to themselves physically. Then all the side-show stuff with young boys. WTF was that all about? One of the true icons in the music industry transformed into a circus freak show...

Its the wealth and popularity factor. Jackson was a cash cow. Same thing happened to Elvis. Maybe even Howard Huges to a degree.

People around celebrities like MJ see him deteriorate physically and mentally, but no one wants to interfere with the flow of cash, so they say nothing, or they feed into the dementia if it ensures job security. Just like Prince said at his RRHoF induction, you can't take advise from people on your payroll. MJ's own family were no roadmap to mental well-being either.

If Jackson weren't so wealthy (or at least he was at one time), he might have died from one of his many ailments, or he may have gone to jail for his pedophilia. Exoneration from child molestation charges is one of the most expensive things to pay for in the criminal justice industry, and to have to do it twice...he musta been as broke as they say he was. Plus ain't no telling how many hangers-on he had surrounding them.

Its a wonder he lasted this long really.

ForeverAutumn
06-26-2009, 11:52 AM
I've been listening to the radio today and even our classic rock station is playing Michael Jackson music. On any other day someone would be losing their job for that!

Has the whole world forgotten that this guy has been accused several times of child molestation? That he held his baby over a balcony? And that his own children weren't allowed out in public without wearing a mask over their faces? Those would be grounds for child abuse charges for non-celebrities. Tell me that those kids aren't going to have some serious self-esteem issues.

I don't mourn him. I feel sorry for his family and the people who loved him. But I wasn't a fan of his music and I sure wasn't a fan of his person.

This may sound cold. But it's honest.

Hyfi
06-26-2009, 12:26 PM
I've been listening to the radio today and even our classic rock station is playing Michael Jackson music. On any other day someone would be losing their job for that!

Has the whole world forgotten that this guy has been accused several times of child molestation? That he held his baby over a balcony? And that his own children weren't allowed out in public without wearing a mask over their faces? Those would be grounds for child abuse charges for non-celebrities. Tell me that those kids aren't going to have some serious self-esteem issues.

I don't mourn him. I feel sorry for his family and the people who loved him. But I wasn't a fan of his music and I sure wasn't a fan of his person.

This may sound cold. But it's honest.

I'm right there with you. He was a sick ass criminal who had enough money to buy his freedom when any other normal person would have been in prison and had their children removed by social services.

The thing everyone overlooks is that his father more than probably abused him. Hence his reply to that sick interview about kids sleeping with him when asked if he thinks it's OK his reply is "Sure, it happened to me lots of times" Yeah with his father and god knows who else.

Its also sick that Black or White was an all time best seller. The words are "It doesn't matter if you're black or white". If that was the case, why did he spend his lifetime trying to be white?

I cant wait till the media circus dies down so we can start worrying about real issues.

As far as I'm concerned, one less friek on the planet.

One report was he died from food poisoning.............he ate 12 y/o nuts!!!

3LB
06-26-2009, 02:24 PM
That's what I meant when I said he was a cash cow. Anyone else goes to jail with as much evidence as they had on him. In fact, most people would be in prison for less evidence. Regular people who can't afford a team of lawyers go to jail, even if they're innocent.

But now that the cash cow is dead...just sit back and wait...the floodgates will open. What we're seeing in the media now is nothing. After the weeks of conspicuous public adulation and faux-mourning, there are going to be all kinds of treasure hunters coming out of the woodwork. We think we know MJ now, wait until a few weeks from now. Secrets kept in order to maintain a standard of living are useless to the keepers now - they'll be looking for a big payday. If you think it was bad after Elvis died - we ain't seen nothin yet.

But still, for all those who wanted MJ presecuted for child molestation (he was never convicted...in court) I wanted to see the parents of these alleged victims prosecuted for solicitating children for sex. What else were their motives?

Finch Platte
06-26-2009, 03:11 PM
McDonalds is introducing the "MJ burger"- 50yr old meat between 10yr old buns.

:Yawn:

Worf101
06-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Strictly speaking on his musicianship, the boy was a phenom, wunderkind. He sang with more touch, soul and emotion at 9 than all the "idols" put together. The Jackson 5's version of Smokey's "Who's Loving You" should be required test material for all singers who want to claim the title of "idol". He WAS an idol. Recognized as the first non-white singing "idol" in American Musical History.

Sam Cooke was a better pure singer, Jackie Wilson was a better dancer and Ray Charles a superior musician but Michal was a triple threat. Sigh, however, much like Elvis, once the ride started he couldn't get off. Too important to too many leeches. Weirdo, no doubt, pedophile... perhaps, musical icon, without a doubt.

I will not miss "THIS" MJ much, but the little boy with the voice of a god and the moves of James Brown... him I will miss always.

Da Worfster

3LB
06-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Sigh, however, much like Elvis, once the ride started he couldn't get off. Too important to too many leeches. Weirdo, no doubt, pedophile... perhaps, musical icon, without a doubt.

Once a dude like MJ or Elvis become industries unto themselves there's no checks and balances. Even if MJ was merely deluded into thinking he could have sleepovers with young boys and no sexual intent whatsoever (as several young men claim nothing happened), someone, advisor, family, friend, somebody, shoulda been tappin MJ on the shoulder and telling him he needs some serious help. How do the people who claim to be close to MJ live with themselves...unless of course they too are deluded and out of touch with reality (Liz Taylor). You don't take what was an already (by most female accounts) an attractive face and mangle it the way he did unless you got some serious issues.

Smokey
06-26-2009, 09:32 PM
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"]Strictly speaking on his musicianship, the boy was a phenom, wunderkind. He sang with more touch, soul and emotion at 9 than all the "idols" put together. The Jackson 5's version of Smokey's "Who's Loving You" should be required test material for all singers who want to claim the title of "idol". He WAS an idol. Recognized as the first non-white singing "idol" in American Musical History.

I think that is a fair statement. Another song that is evident of that would be “Got To Be There”.

Historically he will be viewed in more positive light. Those who remember MTV in its trend setting hay days back in the 80’s also remember that MJ was the first artist to open the flood gate for african-american music videos to be shown on MTV.

JohnMichael
06-27-2009, 03:15 AM
Just a few years older than Michael I grew up listeneing to his music. Then in clubs I danced to his music. He was a great talent and I thank him for the gift of his music.

Michael's life was like so many other child stars. Performing robbed him of a normal childhood. Abuse from his father and many long hours practicing did not give him time to play, to be a child. I think in many ways he was trying to have a childhood later in life. I think in some ways he might have been emotionally stunted at the age he began to perform. In many ways I saw him as a child in the choices and decisions he made. The combination of emotional immaturity and all that wealth created the spectacles we all witnessed. Michael I wish you Peace.

Worf101
06-27-2009, 05:19 AM
Just a few years older than Michael I grew up listeneing to his music. Then in clubs I danced to his music. He was a great talent and I thank him for the gift of his music.

Michael's life was like so many other child stars. Performing robbed him of a normal childhood. Abuse from his father and many long hours practicing did not give him time to play, to be a child. I think in many ways he was trying to have a childhood later in life. I think in some ways he might have been emotionally stunted at the age he began to perform. In many ways I saw him as a child in the choices and decisions he made. The combination of emotional immaturity and all that wealth created the spectacles we all witnessed. Michael I wish you Peace.
My ole lady works in the Psych field. She's been saying the same thing for years. Denied any semblance of a "normal" childhood he'd been looking for one ever since. I'm just sad about all the hate and invective being spewed at his memory by haters and fools. Not here but AOL is home to some of the vilest cretins on earth. Truly sad.

Da Worfster

Swish
06-27-2009, 08:16 AM
McDonalds is introducing the "MJ burger"- 50yr old meat between 10yr old buns.

:Yawn:

...in his body that they are going to melt it down and make Leggos out of him so little boys can play with him.

Swish
06-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Strictly speaking on his musicianship, the boy was a phenom, wunderkind. He sang with more touch, soul and emotion at 9 than all the "idols" put together. The Jackson 5's version of Smokey's "Who's Loving You" should be required test material for all singers who want to claim the title of "idol". He WAS an idol. Recognized as the first non-white singing "idol" in American Musical History.

Sam Cooke was a better pure singer, Jackie Wilson was a better dancer and Ray Charles a superior musician but Michal was a triple threat. Sigh, however, much like Elvis, once the ride started he couldn't get off. Too important to too many leeches. Weirdo, no doubt, pedophile... perhaps, musical icon, without a doubt.

I will not miss "THIS" MJ much, but the little boy with the voice of a god and the moves of James Brown... him I will miss always.

Da Worfster

MJ, and I have to agree with you on his idol status. Had he been able to put that show together, it would have grossed more than Madonna, The Stones, and Dave Matthews combined. We're talking hundreds of millions of dollars. Every TV channel covered his death for hours that night, canceling shows (re-runs mostly due to the time of year) to keep it going for hours. It was as big a deal as John Lennon being shot. Not to me, but to a multitude of others.

Troy
06-27-2009, 08:34 AM
I was never a fan so I feel no nostalgia for his music after 1971 and find his behavior later in life to be unforgivable.

Some night photography/light painting friends/students of mine snuck into Neverland to do night photography. These are amazing and utterly creepy sets of images:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scotthaefner/sets/72157603770368402/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tunnelbug/sets/72157603558879859/

ForeverAutumn
06-27-2009, 11:46 AM
I was never a fan so I feel no nostalgia for his music after 1971 and find his behavior later in life to be unforgivable.

Some night photography/light painting friends/students of mine snuck into Neverland to do night photography. These are amazing and utterly creepy sets of images:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scotthaefner/sets/72157603770368402/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tunnelbug/sets/72157603558879859/

Those are great pictures. I never realized that Neverland was such a work of art. It really looks beautiful. Although that picture at the entrance of MJ leading all those children is just a little too Pied Piper for my taste.

Finch Platte
06-30-2009, 01:56 PM
http://store.cottonfactory.com/

bobsticks
07-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Well, let's try and turn this into a thing of positivity...mebbe a lil' 6 degrees of seperation from Michael gig...thank God Stevie Stevens is still with us...

then:
<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7SJHRVDMQgU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7SJHRVDMQgU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

now:
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uCgGe-sdCVI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uCgGe-sdCVI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

3LB
07-17-2009, 05:49 PM
kewel

Swish
07-18-2009, 03:55 AM
Holy s</>hit. He wasn't old at all...hard to believe.

He was my age, so you can stop busying my balls about my alleged ancientness.