Off-topic about facebook... and rave reckers from days gone by [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Off-topic about facebook... and rave reckers from days gone by

Mr MidFi
06-25-2009, 01:10 PM
First things first: I'm not some big enthusiast of 'online social networking' and such. And I have no interest whatsoever in how wonderful or lame you think it is.

That said...my jaw is hanging agape right now. Somehow, the facebook site knew to suggest that I 'friend' someone whose name sounded oddly familiar to me. After thinking long and hard, it occurred to me. It was someone who stopped hanging out here at Rave Recs at least 5 or 6 years ago: dmb_fan. (He actually was more of a General Board guy, but did frequent here as well.)

I have absolutely no idea how the site knew how to make that suggestion. I'm at a loss to even speculate. How freakin' weird is that?

3LB
06-25-2009, 01:51 PM
That is wierd

Myself, I haven't been to Facebook or Twitter

I waste enough time here for corn sake!

Hyfi
06-25-2009, 02:07 PM
It looks at your email inbox, sent, contacts and suggests friends from that.

Troy
06-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Plus, if you have someone from here in your list and that person happens to have him in theirs, the facebook spiders might make that connection.

thereyet
06-25-2009, 04:29 PM
So when are you going to find me on FB?

thereyet

Mr MidFi
06-26-2009, 06:47 AM
So when are you going to find me on FB?

thereyet

When you learn to spell my name. (I keed, I keed!) Actually, thanks for reminding me. I was going to look for you and Suki the other day. I think my wife has Suki friended.

Hey...you going to the 'pooza again this year? I promise better behavior this time. :crazy:

Now...back to the subject at hand. No, I've never emailed dmb_fan. At least, I don't think I did. Nor do I recall emailing anyone here who would have him in their contacts list.