Simple whole house system. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Simple whole house system.

Milford25
06-24-2009, 06:31 AM
I've been given a quote on a 6 room system with Klipsch CS-650R in wall speakers and lyriQ ON-Q legrand controller system for $3,150 installed during new construction with no other equipment such as amps or receivers. I also looked at the Bose Lifestyle systems because of their ease of use and simplicity. I don't want to be a slave to knobs and switches and wondering which setting I need to go to to make it work. Any suggestions for $4,500-6,000 with 2 TV viewing areas?:idea:

markw
06-24-2009, 06:44 AM
It's not like you can drive by the local Home Depot and find guys that know this stuff to simply jump into the bed of your pickup truck. Keep in mind that you are paying for their experience, know-how and labor as well. This area gets more complex every day. Simplicity of operation for the end user takes knowhow up front. It's not like they can simply twitch their noses and everything falls into place.

I'd suggest you get other estimates from other local contractors before condemning these guys.

AVMASTER
07-05-2009, 10:02 AM
not quite sure what you're asking? Settings for the Bose or the On-Q? Are we talking about 2 TV rooms with surround capabilities? The On-Q gear and "contractor series" Klipsch are standard fare for security companies, amplified keypads and your own source components sounds like what's being offered here. As far as Bose is concerned, you're right about the ease of use but you may want to consider Bose Built-invisible instead of Bose retail. Need more info