"True Blood" Seson Deux [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "True Blood" Seson Deux

Worf101
06-23-2009, 05:52 AM
I loved the first season of True Blood but thus far I've been a little underwhelmed by the current installment. Personally I'm begining to find Anna Paquin's "Sookie Stackhouse" downright annoying. He voice/accent sounds stupid and forced and her character has to be dumb as a box of rocks. She's REALLY begining to put the "dumb" in dumb blond. Yeah her bodies rockin' and the sex is steamy but other than that she's just plain stupid.

Her brother's backstory isn't much more intriguing, but Lafayette and the shakey woman are good threads. Still some adutl vampires beats not adult vampires.

Da Worfster

kexodusc
06-23-2009, 06:02 AM
Me too. Ensign Ro is the only interesting character so far this season.

dean_martin
06-23-2009, 12:58 PM
agreed, +1, etc.

plotlines w/interesting start-
Lafayette (glad he's not dead; could make a helluva vamp)
Shakey chick and Sam (this is the only one w/intrigue so far)
Bill vs. Eric (maybe a slow starter but this could go somewhere fast)

plot lines w/potential-
Tara and new boyfriend (not getting off to an interesting start but could go somewhere)

plot lines w/no potential-
Jason at the lily-white light camp (this must move away from "dumb" soon)

getting old fast-
Bill and Sookie play parents to teen vamp

Troy
06-23-2009, 01:56 PM
I like the new season. The episode this week is definitely better than the first one was. The only part that doesn't interest me is Jason and the jesus freaks. It's just so obvious and easy. I think Lafayette's the most interesting character and situation on the whole show.

Give Nurse Jackie a try.

dean_martin
06-23-2009, 02:13 PM
My wife read all 8 books between seasons (let's not talk about implications). She's continuosly making comments like "you're not going to believe what happens next" or "just wait, you'll see." Although it's a little irritating, her comments strongly suggest that we have an interesting season ahead of us.

Troy
06-23-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm thinking about trying the books myself. Did she enjoy them?

dean_martin
06-23-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm thinking about trying the books myself. Did she enjoy them?

yeah, she did. she mentioned that the series ran out of steam a little by book 7.

So far she hasn't revealed any spoilers, but she has told me that . . . nah, I won't say.

Worf101
06-23-2009, 07:16 PM
yeah, she did. she mentioned that the series ran out of steam a little by book 7.

So far she hasn't revealed any spoilers, but she has told me that . . . nah, I won't say.
Man I get enough unrequited love, pleasure, friendship in my daily life without, without, without you teasing me too. Dammit I ain't a takin' this... this abuse!!!!!

PM me and tell me all or risk evisceration!!!!

Also put more pressure on the missus!!!!

Ve Haf Vays Uf Making U Talk Filthy Amaricana Swine!!!!!

Da "Man that was cruel" Worfster

dean_martin
06-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Man I get enough unrequited love, pleasure, friendship in my daily life without, without, without you teasing me too. Dammit I ain't a takin' this... this abuse!!!!!

PM me and tell me all or risk evisceration!!!!

Also put more pressure on the missus!!!!

Ve Haf Vays Uf Making U Talk Filthy Amaricana Swine!!!!!

Da "Man that was cruel" Worfster

I'm sure you'd feel extreme guilt and remorse, if, after you clobbered me, you discovered that YOUR PM BOX IS FULL!!!!! So here goes...

The wife won't reveal much (oh, she talks alot...just not about stuff I wanna hear) from the books, but I haven't really pressed her either. here are a couple of tidbits:

Lafayette is not a character in the books. Tara is white in the books. In trying to read my wife's reactions, I think somethin' big is goin' down in Dallas. (It's hard for me to imagine an urban setting, but who knows.) She mentioned that the first couple of books revealed more about Rene. Apparently, there is a bigger variety of creatures in the books than what we've seen so far.

I'll keep you up to date on what I learn. (I guess I could just read the books myself...naaaah.) If you have a burning question, let me know and clean out that box!

dean_martin
07-01-2009, 08:54 AM
things really got cookin' in the last episode. pretty sure we're goin' to Dallas. The second book in the series is titled Living Dead in Dallas.

Was a new creature introduced or was is it the "changed" version of someone we've already met?

(edited to delete spoiler - sorry if you saw it before deletion. sorry if you wish you saw it before deletion, Worf.)

\
\

Worf101
07-01-2009, 10:11 AM
things really got cookin' in the last episode. pretty sure we're goin' to Dallas. The second book in the series is titled Living Dead in Dallas.

Was a new creature introduced or was is it the "changed" version of someone we've already met?

(edited to delete spoiler - sorry if you saw it before deletion. sorry if you wish you saw it before deletion, Worf.)

\
\
Stop messin' with my mind!!!!!!! Tell me what I need to know!!!!! Must stop before brain explodes!!!!

Honestly what ARE you talking about? Did you give me the low down on Dallas? Are you going to give me the low down? The new creature reminds me of a Mintaur Head of a bull, body of a man. Must be something new or Vamps woulda heard/smelled of it before now.

I wonder what the heirarchy of creatures is? What are the oldest? Who is the more powerfull?

Ghouls
Vamps
Werewolves
Succubi
Shape Shifters
Other lesser gods?

Da Worfster

dean_martin
07-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Stop messin' with my mind!!!!!!! Tell me what I need to know!!!!! Must stop before brain explodes!!!!

Honestly what ARE you talking about? Did you give me the low down on Dallas? Are you going to give me the low down? The new creature reminds me of a Mintaur Head of a bull, body of a man. Must be something new or Vamps woulda heard/smelled of it before now.

I wonder what the heirarchy of creatures is? What are the oldest? Who is the more powerfull?

Ghouls
Vamps
Werewolves
Succubi
Shape Shifters
Other lesser gods?

Da Worfster

Sent you a PM ... actually 2 PMs. I miserably blundered the first one, so you can delete it to keep that box of yours from fillin' up so fast.

dean_martin
07-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Lafayette is not a character in the books.

gotta clear this up...Lafayette is a non-recurring character in the books. He dies at the end of the first one.

I think the wife is tryin' to confuse me, or we just don't communicate very well.

dean_martin
07-23-2009, 07:36 AM
In the last two episodes we've had references to werewovles. Eric and Sam have alluded to their past experiences with these creatures. Will we see werewolves?

Worf101
07-23-2009, 07:43 AM
We'll see Werewolves, more shape shifters... etc. Perhaps Ghouls and sech, Zombies, gotta have em!!!!

Interesting meeting Eric's maker. He looked Incan or Mayan. That part of the episode was nice. What do you think of the newer, nicer LaFayette? Interesting episode.

Da Worfster

dean_martin
07-23-2009, 09:44 AM
I don't think it can last. It looks like the vamps are going to get Lafayette to deal V. Not sure of their motive, but if they drag him into their underground business, it can't be good for him.

Yeah, the Eric backstory is interesting. I thought Eric's maker looked Incan or Mayan too (but how did a viking/norseman and an ancient South American hook up?). I also thought he looked young but maybe it was the lighting. A thousand year old teen vamp runnin' around would be fun. I may have to go to the dvr and watch that scene again for clues.

And now that Bill's maker is back, I feel a cat fight comin' on.

Troy
07-23-2009, 05:01 PM
I was thinking Greek or Roman for Godrick. Helps with the geography.

I thought this last episode was too transitional. Lots of talking and predictable/obvious goings on: Maryanne works hard to keep hold of Tera, Sam hooks up with Darlene (how can he paw her like that and not find those scars on her back?), and Jason gets a handjob from the preachers wife. None of that surprised me; it's all been a little too telegraphed for several weeks, hasn't it?

Yes Lafayette is too meek and humble now! But who wouldn't be after that?

I suspect it's going to get really interesting once it heats up in Dallas.

dean_martin
07-23-2009, 05:38 PM
I was thinking Greek or Roman for Godrick. Helps with the geography.

I thought this last episode was too transitional. Lots of talking and predictable/obvious goings on: Maryanne works hard to keep hold of Tera, Sam hooks up with Darlene (how can he paw her like that and not find those scars on her back?), and Jason gets a handjob from the preachers wife. None of that surprised me; it's all been a little too telegraphed for several weeks, hasn't it?

Yes Lafayette is too meek and humble now! But who wouldn't be after that?

I suspect it's going to get really interesting once it heats up in Dallas.

I liked the sassy Lafayette, too. If he gets comfortably in business with the vamps, he'll probably feel invincible thinking they've got his back. The sass will return and make for some great one-liners until they force him to do something bad.

I agree it's been mostly anticipatory allusions w/out much here-and-now action. Neat device to keep us watching 'til we get to something the writers really sink their teeth (pun alert!) into. But I was surprised that that wasn't Maryanne's house. The setting, particularly the outdoor artwork, fit my suspicions regarding her true identity. Anyhow, they have to bring some excitement back to Sookie and Bill. I kinda like the peripheral characters, but there's no denying Sookie and Bill are the money makers. Maybe Sookie's infiltration of the church of the light bulb sun god will do it.

Sam saw the scars on that chick's back. My question was why doesn't he ask her about it already.

If they find Godrick alive . . . errr not destroyed, we may have a wild one.

Worf101
07-27-2009, 03:30 PM
THAT was one HELL of an episode. I guess Bill wan't quite the saint he pretends to be eh? The whole thing in Dallas was a set up to send things back the way they used to be eh? Godrick also might be Egyptian considering his marking and size. Damn them orgy's/sacrifices are gettin' me hot. Damn... gotta take a shower. Nice cliff-hanger episode, has me sittin' on the edge of my seat for this one.

Da Worfster

Troy
07-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Yeah, best episode of the season so far. No more languid set up, things are finally coming to a head.

dean_martin
08-10-2009, 12:18 PM
somebody's gotta do somethin' to stop that Mary Anne!

Worf101
08-18-2009, 04:41 AM
Finally caught up on the last two weeks of carnage...

1. I got the weary Godric wanting to die vibe long before he revealed it. It was quite obvious. I do find it interesting that both sides seem to long for what the other has. Most humans want eternal life while some "evolved" vamps want some humanity... Sookie with Godric at the end... touching we wuz crying...

2. Shakey Lady and the vamps. How in all that's holy could these she and vamps NOT have crossed paths down through the ages? Makes no sense. Wonder what effect her shaking will have on Bill?

3. Did they kill the Voodoo lady because she actually was a threat and did know how to combat "demons"?

4. Boy ole Merlotte is really learning to use his powers. He's saved his own ass several time with the quick shift.

5. Lafayette vs. Eggs.... dayum that was a good fight...

6. Eric has to die.

7. Young vampire love.... ain't it sweet?

Da Worfster

Troy
08-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Yeah, the suicidal Godric was telegraphed for sure. Plus it's a common thread in deconstructivist vampire stories; the older a vampire gets, the more bitter it becomes until they just have no desire to go on. Anne Rice beat that one to death.

I agree that the Vamps should know about MaryAnne.

She killed the voodoo lady because she knew about Mary Anne. That was enough reason, I think.

Yeah, Sam is running for his life in every scene! Eggs is going down.

Eric is one of my favorite characters on the whole show. He's such a useful source of tension, I can't imagine them killing him off, especially now that he's 'connected' to Sookie.

Young vampire love is sure sweet . . . except for the hymen that grows back every night . . .

I'm extremely entertained by this show.

Nurse Jackie's really excellent too. Weeds has gotten too stupid.

Worf101
08-24-2009, 03:51 AM
Wow, I guess Tara was further in than I thought. When/if the town wakes up it's gonna be one helluva hangover. Jethro's mom was a hoot. Can't keep her big mouth shut, well it's shut now ain't it!!!! I figured a while ago that some vampire somewhere must have run "The Horned God" and his followers. Seems I was right. It's gonna be one helluva dust up here at the end even Eric seems to be involved. Interesting. Is Eric gonna start intervening to protect Sookie now?

Is Egg's guilty of murder? Can he be tried and convicted of these crimes? Interesting...

Da Worfster

Troy
08-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Why did the zombie citizens allow Jason to take the waitress as a hostage in order to release Sam and then come back in a few minutes later? The logic behind that whole thing felt terribly flawed.

If there was ever a case to pleading insanity it's Eggs. But I doubt he'll survive the season anyway . . .

dean_martin
08-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Why did the zombie citizens allow Jason to take the waitress as a hostage in order to release Sam and then come back in a few minutes later? The logic behind that whole thing felt terribly flawed.

If there was ever a case to pleading insanity it's Eggs. But I doubt he'll survive the season anyway . . .

The zombie stuff with Jason acting as their god felt like campy, b-movie material. Fun, but no serious tension - a prelude for revealing the Queen of Louisiana next time. Can't believe only 2 epis to go.