Gazpacho - new discovery for me [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Gazpacho - new discovery for me

3LB
06-17-2009, 08:47 AM
The band anyway...Gazpacho (Norway). Most any prog fan should recognize this name as an old Marillion tune (still Hogarth era) and yes, they take cues from Marillion - the singer is similar in his measured delivery, but is a much better vocalist. There are also nods to Muse as well.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=54654613

If yer a fan of bands like Riverside, IQ, Porky Tree, Muse, or Marillion, you'll be rewarded.

Hyfi
06-17-2009, 08:58 AM
And here I thought it was soup.

Thanks for the pointer.

Get a chance to view the Strange Sensation DVD?

3LB
06-17-2009, 09:35 AM

Get a chance to view the Strange Sensation DVD?

I have not...I'm rarely around a TV/DVD player long enough to justify listening to it, but I do plan on playing it this weekend when we have some guests over. Both the kids are in their teens and they keep us jumping. When i'm working, I'm too busy to be their taxi, but when I'm laid-off, I'm their taxi. When I'm not being their taxi, I'm catching up on outdoor projects and working on my boat.

Been listening to that Strawbs CD though...me likey.:thumbsup:

Auricauricle
06-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Which Strawbs?

3LB
06-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Which Strawbs?

A Choice Selection Of Strawbs

Demetrio
06-17-2009, 10:28 AM
The two Gazpacho cd's I have (Night & Firebird) are awesome indeed. Beyond the influences already mentioned, I would say Radiohead is another strong influence too.

Can't wait for their new release, Tick Tock, that is said to be also great.

Demetrio.

Auricauricle
06-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Nice...Think I'll put on li'l Halcyon Days (Best Of)....

The bass work on Ghosts slays me!

3LB
06-17-2009, 12:12 PM
I would say Radiohead is another strong influence too.

I think when one mentions the band Muse, the Radiohead influence is automatically implied ;)

I think they loose the Marillion influence on the newer stuff.

Demetrio
06-17-2009, 12:18 PM
I think when one mentions the band Muse, the Radiohead influence is automatically implied ;)
Yeah, it makes sense indeed. :)