So we're heading to Austin tomorrow... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So we're heading to Austin tomorrow...

Swish
06-16-2009, 09:48 AM
...and staying until Sunday. I don't believe we have any RR members in the vicinity, but If anyone else is planning to be there or actually does live nearby, shoot me a PM and perhaps a meeting over some Shiner Bock is in order.

Swishdaddy

MasterCylinder
06-17-2009, 09:18 AM
GUERO'S.............on South Congress............good Mexican food.

Swish
06-17-2009, 03:25 PM
GUERO'S.............on South Congress............good Mexican food.
...blocks from the Austin Motel where we're staying? Never heard of it. :)

Seriously though, nearly everyone I've talked to about Austin over the past month or so mentioned it and this past Monday I was in the waiting room for a doctor's appt. and was reading (don't laugh, there was nothing else but health mags) Bon Appetit and even they mentioned it. Needless to say, we had a very late lunch/early dinner there today. Our flight from Philly to Atlanta arrived about 35 minutes late and we had to rush to our connector in another concourse, so we had no time for lunch. We were nearly starving when we finally got our rental car and drove the 15 minutes to the motel and checked in, so we quickly unpacked and headed down SoCo to Guero's. The fish tacos were outstanding, as were the Negra Modellos. Chips, salsa and all kinds of extras were brought to us first, and we put down a nice big bowl of them. My diet will go to he<a>ll this week, but I've been so good for so long, I deserve it.

Thanks for the tip just the same MC.

MasterCylinder
06-18-2009, 04:12 AM
I was in Austin a month ago to bring my daughter home for the Summer..........she is a student at UT............we too, stayed at the Austin motel..........room # 157.

Walked across the street every morning to the coffee stand and slowly browsed the newspapers..............walked down to Guero's every night to try a new dish.

My wife and I like to split the "Presidente"..............its enough for two people...........the menu says it was named after Bill Clinton........"who ate the whole thing".

I'll be going back in late August to take daughter back for the Fall semester...........I'm sure the same routine will be fine for everyone.