Hdmi Cable ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hdmi Cable ?

s dog
06-14-2009, 04:51 PM
A while back i got my 2nd dish HD-DVR satellite receiver for my bedroom, For what ever reason it came with two HDMI cables, So when i got my panny 60 a few weeks ago i used the extra cable to hook the panny to my LG-TV, My ?, Is that cable ok or do i need a more $ one. Walmart has ACCELL cables for $40.00, Rat shack has monster cable for $80.00, Dam i hate to give $80.00 bucks for a cable but i dont want to cheat myself out of PQ , What do you guys think i should do?

Mr Peabody
06-14-2009, 05:25 PM
If you don't mind buying online BJC would offer a cable for less than Monster and better quality. If you have any hi fi shops in your area you might see if they carry any premium cables and borrow one, you see or hear no difference then you know your cable is fine. The only way you know is to compare for yourself. I have had an experience where better HDMI made a difference for me, some will tell you a $5.00 HDMI works fine.

02audionoob
06-14-2009, 05:26 PM
I've heard of suspected reliability issues with cheaper cables, but not lesser PQ. I'll bet you're not missing anything at all. Radio Shack and Monster are commonly accused of over-pricing their cables....and probably rightfully so accused.

s dog
06-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Yea that sounds good, Im sure the local hifi shop will let me take one home for a test, I have shelled out a lot of $ there over the years so they surely will, thanks for the info.

N. Abstentia
06-15-2009, 02:51 PM
I get all my HDMI cables from www.monoprice.com because they are better than Monster and cost around $6.

dax
06-19-2009, 09:39 AM
I get all my HDMI cables from www.monoprice.com because they are better than Monster and cost around $6.

Agreed. I'm using $12 HDMI cables from monoprice for both my blu-ray and cable box. The picture is outstanding!

pixelthis
06-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Agreed. I'm using $12 HDMI cables from monoprice for both my blu-ray and cable box. The picture is outstanding!

DITTO.
Looove Monoprices cheapazz stuff, its certainly not made cheap:1:

davebuc
06-19-2009, 03:14 PM
check out "bluejeanscable" great cable great prices

Mr Peabody
06-19-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm just curious if you Monoprice guys ever compared it to anything else before settling? Maybe it's the first thing you used with HD and the HD just looks better than what you had. If your current picture is good it could possibly be even better. If you have compared then your recommendation is sound but if not you are saying use this because I do, period.

N. Abstentia
06-20-2009, 05:58 AM
I compared to a $150 Monster. The Monoprice was much better because it worked the same and allowed me to buy 12 BluRay movies with the cash left over.