Can't someone fix this site? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can't someone fix this site?

Davey
06-13-2009, 09:17 AM
There's a mistake in the code that's been there for about a week that makes the site incompatible with Firefox. If you aren't logged in, you don't get any content because the code is mostly commented out following this line with the double comment start tags...

<!--<script type="text/javascript"><!--

There's already been a thread over on site feedback, but that was days ago ... and it still looks like this if you aren't logged in ... at least for me and some of the others that have mentioned it.

http://members.mailaka.net/davey/rr_page.jpg

Finch Platte
06-13-2009, 03:26 PM
http://op-for.com/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

MindGoneHaywire
06-13-2009, 11:28 PM
I swear, that's the exact graphic I was looking for when I first came across this point earlier. Not to laugh at Davey, either.

Digging on my first time sampling Fat Tire ale, which I heard some of you chumps prattle on for like a long time & stuff. Good, tasty, malty brew. I read something last week that some wisea$$ I know put out there that serving this stuff in one's bar is a sure way to attract hippies...but you guys aren't hippies. Right? Are you? No?

I didn't think so.

NP: Chesterfield Kings--Stop!!

Slosh
06-14-2009, 02:14 AM
You can work your way around it. Click on forums, then join Audio Review and there's a log in screen. It'll take you to the user control panel after you're logged in and then you can navigate normally from there.

That being said it is kind of a PITA. I run CCleaner every couple of days to get rid of internet temp files and junk and this is the only site that I frequent that makes me jump through hoops to log back into. I have no idea whether this is a problem when using other browsers as I've used nothing but Firefox for the last eight years or so.

Davey
06-14-2009, 06:59 AM
I swear, that's the exact graphic I was looking for when I first came across this point earlier. Not to laugh at Davey, either.
Yea, sure, not to laugh at me. It is a great picture, though :)

You can work your way around it. Click on forums, then join Audio Review and there's a log in screen. It'll take you to the user control panel after you're logged in and then you can navigate normally from there.

Well sure, that's how I logged in to make the post, but like you say, kind of a pain and silly way to run a commercial site. What does someone coming here for the first time think? Probably that the site is broken and no one works here. Which I guess would be a pretty accurate assumption :)

Swish
06-14-2009, 10:18 AM
There's a mistake in the code that's been there for about a week that makes the site incompatible with Firefox. If you aren't logged in, you don't get any content because the code is mostly commented out following this line with the double comment start tags...

<!--<script type="text/javascript"><!--

There's already been a thread over on site feedback, but that was days ago ... and it still looks like this if you aren't logged in ... at least for me and some of the others that have mentioned it.

http://members.mailaka.net/davey/rr_page.jpg