New Member [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Member

RJC5XTC
06-10-2009, 07:55 AM
I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been interested in audio since the days of 45 records (really dates me) and with the pace of technology the things possible today are truly wonderful.

I have basically a Denon Home Theatre set (amp, disk player) with a Pioneer HD TV, Panasonic DVD, MW, Klispch and Bose speakers. I also have about 300 gigs of music in iTunes.

Living in Southern California gives us the opportunity to enjoy music outdoors during a large part of the year and we have six sets of speakers outside that are run through a Panasonic AMP with either iTunes, CD's or Direct TV as primary sources.

I found this forum and have been lurking for a bit as I am looking for ways to control both iTunes and the outside speakers (all hard wired) remotely - most likely with an iPhone unless there is an app that does better than Apple's Remote Control on a Blackberry.

Robert

GMichael
06-10-2009, 07:59 AM
I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been interested in audio since the days of 45 records (really dates me) and with the pace of technology the things possible today are truly wonderful.

I have basically a Denon Home Theatre set (amp, disk player) with a Pioneer HD TV, Panasonic DVD, MW, Klispch and Bose speakers. I also have about 300 gigs of music in iTunes.

Living in Southern California gives us the opportunity to enjoy music outdoors during a large part of the year and we have six sets of speakers outside that are run through a Panasonic AMP with either iTunes, CD's or Direct TV as primary sources.

I found this forum and have been lurking for a bit as I am looking for ways to control both iTunes and the outside speakers (all hard wired) remotely - most likely with an iPhone unless there is an app that does better than Apple's Remote Control on a Blackberry.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Welcome to AR. How's the weather out on the left coast today?

Mike

RJC5XTC
06-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks Mike.

We have the normal (May / June) marine layer that burns off usually by mid-morning and then expect low 70's for the week. It would be nice to get a bit warmer for the weekend.

Robert