Wireless surround speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wireless surround speakers

JeffKnob
06-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Recently I have been asked if there is a good solution for wireless rear surround speakers. I have seen some wireless speakers out there but they all don't even look like they would sound any good. I recommended a wireless transmiter to one person to get the signal to the rear and use an old receiver to power his surround speakers. I think that will work for that guy but the other guy wants something that is more self contained.

Does anybody know of anything that would help?

02audionoob
06-08-2009, 03:39 PM
I'll be waiting anxiously for that one. I have a spot where I want to put surround speakers and can't get the wire there. Across the floor would be in the path through the room. Under the floor would have to come through my pretty oak floor. Over the ceiling won't do it for me, either...can't get to that part of the attic due to a furnace in the way.

luvtolisten
06-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Recently I have been asked if there is a good solution for wireless rear surround speakers. I have seen some wireless speakers out there but they all don't even look like they would sound any good. I recommended a wireless transmiter to one person to get the signal to the rear and use an old receiver to power his surround speakers. I think that will work for that guy but the other guy wants something that is more self contained.

Does anybody know of anything that would help?

Not me, the one's I've seen didn't seem too great to me either. I think your solution seems the best to me. I would say buy a pair of the wireless, gut the electronics and put it a better speakers, but I doubt the amp from the wireless system would have the power or quality sound of an older receiver.

Kevio
06-25-2009, 08:12 AM
Here's a wireless digital audio solution that reportedly sounds great (24-bit, uncompressed) and is fairly robust against interference - http://www.airfonix.com/

AVMASTER
07-05-2009, 09:36 AM
check out:
KEF pretty good wireless transmitter kit for any speakers
Soundolier interesting design, works pretty good at short distance, sound quality decent for surround duty
JBL Control-2.4G good at short distance