Sweet spot [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sweet spot

02audionoob
06-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Not that anyone cares, but since the wife is out of town this weekend, I've moved her chair out of the way and placed mine in the sweet spot of our home theater setup. The new Blu-ray from Diana Krall is spinning and this is rockin'. If I had the room arranged this way all the time, I think I'd have to have me a high end system in here. The sweet spot makes a huge difference.
Vive la différence

Doc Sage
06-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Yes, it does. A large part of the listening experience is not the equipment and the quality of the recording...but little details like the sweet spot, proper height of the tweeters (at ear level), distance from the walls for good bass, absorbtion/reflextion of these same walls, etc.

Enjoy

Doc Sage

02audionoob
06-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Along those lines...I put the surround speakers on a pair of stands and placed them so the midpoint is centered behind me, at the distance programmed on the AV receiver. Very nice.

Mr Peabody
06-06-2009, 11:07 AM
You let your wife have the "sweet spot"? We'd have to cuddle together in a big chair or something, I ain't giving it up. Luckily, my wife is happy off to the side in her rocker/recliner. I'm in the "sweet spot" sitting in the reclining end of the sofa.

02audionoob
06-06-2009, 11:45 AM
You let your wife have the "sweet spot"?

Indeed. The little things help keep me married.:smilewinkgrin:

hifitommy
06-06-2009, 04:44 PM
is the quad 57 ESLs. only one person on a couch can hear the recording as intended. once at jonas millers on wilshire in LA they had a picnic bench where one person could sit behind the other and TWO people could hear the sweet spot. SUCH DEPTH!