Music now available [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Music now available

MasterCylinder
06-02-2009, 04:48 AM
Just to let you know that both are now available, I recently ordered the new IQ (Frequency) and the new Dream Theater (Black Clouds & Silver Linings) discs.

You can preorder the DT disc at their webpage............it is available in an assortment of packages............I went for the 3-CD set that includes a disc of new cover material.........based on previous covers by the band, I'm expecting it all to be great.

The IQ disc is now available at Amazon.

3-LockBox
06-02-2009, 06:53 AM
I have heard the IQ:Frequency disc and while it isn't anything new, it is better than Dark Matter - no single song is better than Sacred Sound, but overall, a better effort IMO.

BarryL
06-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Got the IQ on order and waiting for it's arrival.

N. Abstentia
06-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Amazon has the Dream Theater discs for quite a bit cheaper than the DT website...$15 for the 3 CD set as opposed to $23.

ForeverAutumn
06-03-2009, 07:39 AM
I just pre-ordered the DT 3-disk set. After including shipping and exchange it was also cheaper on Amazon.ca than on the DT site. Plus I ordered two other disks to qualify for free shipping. (Kings of Leon and ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead).

MasterCylinder
06-04-2009, 11:17 AM
BTW -- I noticed that there are 2 "Frequency" products listed at Amazon..........one is labled "Special Edition" and has 2 discs.............I saw on the IQ webpage where there was an offer for the new CD packaged with a DVD form a concert last year.

I ordered the "Special Edition" from Amazon and sure enough, it arrived with the DVD.
I have listened to the CD once and I like it -- after another 5 listens, I might get an accurate feel for it...............but the DVD is surprisingly cool...........shot in Holland in a large club-like setting............I've seen pieces of it on my work-desktop so I'm not yet sure of the sound...........can't wait to hear it on the big rig at home to see if the sound quality is as cool as the video.

Will soon let you know.

Finch Platte
06-04-2009, 11:53 AM
...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead).

Hope it's nothing I have, because I'd pay you to take it off my hands. Rasputin's will give me .25 US for it, but I'd waste more gas getting it there. :crazy:

ForeverAutumn
06-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Hope it's nothing I have, because I'd pay you to take it off my hands. Rasputin's will give me .25 US for it, but I'd waste more gas getting it there. :crazy:

It's their newest album, Century of Self. I like them. It sounds like you don't.

If you've got it, let me know. I'll let you pay me $20 to take it off your hands. Amazon won't send it until the DT album is released on June 23. So I have time to change my order.

Seriously, if you have it, a deal can be made. :)

Finch Platte
06-04-2009, 01:05 PM
It's their newest album, Century of Self. I like them. It sounds like you don't.

If you've got it, let me know. I'll let you pay me $20 to take it off your hands. Amazon won't send it until the DT album is released on June 23. So I have time to change my order.

Seriously, if you have it, a deal can be made. :)

Nope, I don't have the new one- I have the one that came w/ the DVD, Worlds Apart. I learned my lesson several discs ago.

Solly, cholly!

ForeverAutumn
06-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Nope, I don't have the new one- I have the one that came w/ the DVD, Worlds Apart. I learned my lesson several discs ago.

Solly, cholly!

Damn. I already had that twenty bucks spent.