help to identify speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : help to identify speakers

ransac
05-21-2009, 08:45 AM
was wondering if anyone could possibly help identifying these speakers...........the nameplates near the bottom have been removed, one has said that they looked like older infinity's but I am really not sure..............searching online has been onerous.............any help appreciated

bfalls
05-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Definitely not early Infinitys. The "metalized" woofers look more like "White Van" type speakers, such as Dog Digital, Dynalab, etc..

Charlie04SiR
05-21-2009, 12:42 PM
yeah, hmmmmm, they could be PSB's or Athenas, or even Bowers & Wilkins. You could take the woofer out and see if it has any identifying marks on the frame or on the inside of cabinet, maybe the tweeter too. So there's nothing on the backside of speakers by the terminals? Some mfr's also put their mark on the back or next to the speaker terminals.

bfalls
05-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Can you give us a closer look at the emblem on the botton of the speaker's front. Someone may recognize the trademark.

Hyfi
05-22-2009, 09:27 AM
not Infinity or they would have had the Emitt tweeters. How do they sound?

bfalls
05-22-2009, 11:48 AM
I saw a similar model on ebay today. Take a look at Premier Acoustics. The 3-way 4 driver tower looks close to the picture, including how the woofers are formed. I looked on their site, but didn't see a 3 driver tower. RBH also has the metal(ized) woofers, but I didn't see your configuration on their site either.

bobsticks
05-23-2009, 03:11 PM
not Infinity or they would have had the Emitt tweeters. How do they sound?

I first thought Infinity but HyFi is correct...where did they come from originally? Garage sale finds can be dubious especially when anonymous...