One weak point rating reviews .. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : One weak point rating reviews ..

neutralos
05-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi folks, as you see I am a new member and yesterday I wrote an review about an amp I am really honestly convinced of but one member rated it with 1 point.

I think such rating techniques are not qualified to represent reputable stand of points.
Because the review writer have to offer his nick for the public the rating member should be also shown with his nick AND this member also should have the possibility to comment his rating.

I think itīs better to delete my review and a further concern is that itīs not possible to upload any picture of the electronics. You have to contact the admins to do that. I did that and nothing happend till now. Any experienced members comment is welcome ...

kexodusc
05-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Tell that jackass to kiss your ass for stomping on your review. Want fer I should ruff 'im up fer ya?

elapsed
05-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi neutralos, why would it concern you if a member rated your review with 1 point? Your review reads almost as an advertisement. The AR system is not perfect, but it sounds to me that you are writing a review on behalf of the manufacturer

cheers,
elapsed

neutralos
05-21-2009, 03:25 AM
Hi neutralos, why would it concern you if a member rated your review with 1 point? Your review reads almost as an advertisement. The AR system is not perfect, but it sounds to me that you are writing a review on behalf of the manufacturer

cheers,
elapsed

... and it sounds to me that you and this comical replier above us work for AR who just only provide such brands pumping advertising budgets straight to AR... As you see the whole world contains suspicions.

What do you expect from me ? That I write bad about an product I am convinced of - just only to avoid suspicions ? I have asked the admins to delete my review as quick as possible and this could be my last review. Maybe I am to sensible for that kind of business. Have nice days

Mustafa

audio amateur
05-21-2009, 03:43 AM
Your review sounds authentic to me and I don't know why anyone would give it a one star rating. I've just rated it 5 star so it's up to 3 now.
Don't take things too personally, and anyone reading your review can make an opinion for himself/herself, regardless of its rating.
Cheers

kexodusc
05-21-2009, 03:54 AM
... and it sounds to me that you and this comical replier above us work for AR who just only provide such brands pumping advertising budgets straight to AR... As you see the whole world contains suspicions.

Work for AR? I wish...

neutralos
05-21-2009, 05:01 AM
@audio amateur,
thanks for your kind words. I read my review again. Maybe it sounds for somebody too much
PRO manufacturer but music is emotion and this emotion you automatically carry to an review.

Of course there are 1 - 2 weaknesses from this amp but these are not refering to the main thing: the sound qualities. Thatīs why I also asked the admins to delete this review.
I would start a "more professional" and less sensible reviews including small lines in the end like: strengths, weakness or similar products used etc.

The AR system allows you to give an comment to an review but this could be strictly bound to the rating. No rating member would be anonymous and had also the possibility to explain his rating

Regards
Mustafa

jeff3948
08-09-2010, 04:12 PM
I reviewed a speaker where the tweeters went bad within a year. The person that handles problems under warranty at the company took a very long time to get back to me (4 weeks), so out of anger I wrote a bad review based on poor customer service. Now that I have my new tweeters installed and they are doing fine after 6 months, I want to edit my review by changing the rating from 1 star to 4 stars, because I really like these speakers and I accept the reason the person did not get back to me in a timely manner. I can change and edit my reviews on Amazon, but I can't seem to do it here. How do I change or edit my review on this website?