05-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Is swish a verb here...?

Swish
05-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Is there a track listing?

Thanks, Swisher. :3:

fp

http://blakemcconnell.net/images/swish-d.jpg

...asked so nicely and including that wonderful picture, here you go.

1. 505- Artic Monkeys
2. No emotion- Idlewild
3. Rats- The Walkmen
4. Vibration- Whigs
5. That's How Old People Grow Up - Morrissey
6. Always Where I Need to Be - Kooks
7. You Can't Have It All - Ash
8. Weapon of Choice - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
9. Hang Me Up to Dry - Cold War Kids
10. GFC- Albert Hammond Jr.
11. Hey Little World - Hives
12. The Silence Between Us - Bob Mould
13. Right Hand on My Heart - The Whigs (this is my favorite on this cd, but I like all of them)
14. Bad Blood - Supergrass
15. The 59 Sound - Gaslight Anthem
16. Heat Dies Down- Kaiser Chiefs
17. Man size Wreath- R.E.M.
18. I'm Amazed- My Morning Jacket
19. Four Winds- Bright Eye

Finch Platte
05-21-2009, 09:27 AM
...asked so nicely and including that wonderful picture, here you go.

1. 505- Artic Monkeys
2. No emotion- Idlewild
3. Rats- The Walkmen
4. Vibration- Whigs
5. That's How Old People Grow Up - Morrissey
6. Always Where I Need to Be - Kooks
7. You Can't Have It All - Ash
8. Weapon of Choice - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
9. Hang Me Up to Dry - Cold War Kids
10. GFC- Albert Hammond Jr.
11. Hey Little World - Hives
12. The Silence Between Us - Bob Mould
13. Right Hand on My Heart - The Whigs (this is my favorite on this cd, but I like all of them)
14. Bad Blood - Supergrass
15. The 59 Sound - Gaslight Anthem
16. Heat Dies Down- Kaiser Chiefs
17. Man size Wreath- R.E.M.
18. I'm Amazed- My Morning Jacket
19. Four Winds- Bright Eye

It's quite a comp, and I like it a lot. It's much more uptempo than I thought it might be, coming from you. :lol:

That CW Kids song drives me up a wall, tho. Heard this way back in '08, and it quickly wore out its welcome.

Thanks.

Swish
05-21-2009, 09:56 AM
It's quite a comp, and I like it a lot. It's much more uptempo than I thought it might be, coming from you. :lol:

That CW Kids song drives me up a wall, tho. Heard this way back in '08, and it quickly wore out its welcome.

Thanks.
...but that's really great song, so I included it. As you may have guesses, some of the songs are pre-2008.

Swishdaddy

bobsticks
05-21-2009, 02:22 PM
That's a good lookin' compy Swisheroo. Everytime I think yer goin' round the bend you pull one outta the ol' Metamucil Exit Port and surprise...

Swish
05-21-2009, 03:41 PM
That's a good lookin' compy Swisheroo. Everytime I think yer goin' round the bend you pull one outta the ol' Metamucil Exit Port and surprise...

....did you get your copy from some guy named Tweedy?

bobsticks
05-21-2009, 03:46 PM
You little corn-fed mohawk mutant! Why I oughta kick.......did you get your copy from some guy named Tweedy?

Lmao!! Outstanding...and the only appropriate response...but, no, I didn't receive any missives from Mr. Tweedy. I imagine my recent relocation may have something to do with that. I'll pm the new addy...

bobsticks
06-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Today the parcel from Mr. Tweedy arrived and, upon first listen, I find myself quite enamored with it and in agreement with Finchy...a bit more of an uptempo affair than I would have expected from such an aging and moldy benefactor but completely enjoyable.

My first runaraound with The Kooks und me likey...it's a good tie-in for the plaintive wailing of the Cold War Kids.

Muchas gracias, senior Swishdaddy

Finch Platte
06-05-2009, 02:31 PM
...senior Swishdaddy

:lol:

3LB
06-05-2009, 04:53 PM
I got the same comp, minus the cool artwork

I guess I don't rate

I can take a hint

cool compage though...up-tempo throughout, just like has already been said, and yes it is a switch from the usual Swish comps - usually there's some wierd mood obliterating grinder of a song or two, but this is almost a friggin party disc!

Swish
06-06-2009, 04:38 AM
Today the parcel from Mr. Tweedy arrived and, upon first listen, I find myself quite enamored with it and in agreement with Finchy...a bit more of an uptempo affair than I would have expected from such an aging and moldy benefactor but completely enjoyable.

My first runaraound with The Kooks und me likey...it's a good tie-in for the plaintive wailing of the Cold War Kids.

Muchas gracias, senior Swishdaddy

When I was you age....never mind that, but it figures you'd identify immediately with a band named 'The Kooks'.

ForeverAutumn
06-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Hey I finally received mine too! Thanks Mr. Swishy.

My initial reaction is that there's a lot on here that I like and very little that I've heard before. I'll have to take some time getting to know it. I didn't have the track list handy while I was listening so I can't name the songs that I liked.

Thanks for the tunes. I've been very busy and a little out of the new music loop this past year, so this is much appreciated.

bobsticks
06-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the tunes. I've been very busy and a little out of the new music loop this past year, so this is much appreciated.

Ain't that the truth. This has been an excellent summer with the exception of time allowed for music. There just ain't enough hours in the day...