Blu - Ray ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Blu - Ray ?

s dog
05-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Has anyone had a look at the sony 360 b/r player, Just wonderd if it was any good, And also why can't i find the panny 60 or 80 in any of my local stores, wal-mart sear's,ect. The only place i see them is on the net, Im to afraid to buy something like that on line, I don't understand why in the heck no one has them. In this economy you would think they would be on sale every where.

Woochifer
05-16-2009, 07:04 PM
The Panny BD players have consistently ranked among the top performing BD players, so the demand is inherently high for them. The previous generation players were discontinued in January when they were still hot sellers, and the new replacement models did not begin arriving until April. A lot of people have been waiting for the new Pannys, so even in a down economy, you still had 3 months worth of pent up demand that the initial supply of DMP-BD60s and 80s had to absorb. No surprise that they're sold out everywhere. Give it time, and things will balance out.

I have seen the DMP-BD60 at Costco, so they have been available at stores.

s dog
05-16-2009, 07:35 PM
The Panny BD players have consistently ranked among the top performing BD players, so the demand is inherently high for them. The previous generation players were discontinued in January when they were still hot sellers, and the new replacement models did not begin arriving until April. A lot of people have been waiting for the new Pannys, so even in a down economy, you still had 3 months worth of pent up demand that the initial supply of DMP-BD60s and 80s had to absorb. No surprise that they're sold out everywhere. Give it time, and things will balance out.

I have seen the DMP-BD60 at Costco, so they have been available at stores.
That sounds like a good idea,I will just wait untill things calm down. thanks.

RoadRunner6
05-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Costco has the DMP-BD60 cleverly disguised as the DMP-BD605K (same exact player with one small extra). It is currently on sale at Costco online for $230. You have a 2 year warranty, 30 day Costco price protection and you can return it at any Costco store anytime for a full refund if not totally satisfied (no time limit on Blu-Ray players). Buying from Costco is a no brainer. I didn't see any other price online for less than $244.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11478571&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

RR6 :D