So much music. So little time. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So much music. So little time.

DPM
03-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Well, even though I've yet to assimilate the last batch of CDs I bought a few weeks ago, and despite the huge amount of prog Demetrio just mailed to me, I went out and bought more tunes this week. (I know. It's a sickness.)

First, I ordered Dreadnaught/The American Standard and Threshold/Critical Mass from Big Balloon Music. Those arrived yesterday. Today, I went into the used CD shop and found a copy of Ryan Adams/Rock and Roll for $8.00, and I broke down and purchased a very unused CD by Coheed & Cambria. It's called, In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3. How's that for a title?

And it's not over yet. In April, the next batch of Tull remasters are coming out. Soon after, Burn by Deep Purple will also hit the shelves--remastered for both CD and DVD Audio.

Dave M

Dusty Chalk
03-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Re: Jethro Tull -- I've already seen them on import. A has a bonus DVD of the entire Slipstream video.

Hey, tell me about that Coheed & Cambria after you've listened to it and grown accustomed to it -- I've been curious about that one. Please, and thank you.

DarrenH
03-19-2004, 09:23 PM
You're a lightweight. ;)

I hear ya. I'm always wanting to buy more CD's. Just like a junkie lookin' to score his next fix.

I've already ordered Deep Purple's Burn from Laser's Edge. It's the 25th anniversay edition. Is that the same one your after? I presume it is.

I've had Threshold's Critical Mass for some time now. I like it very much. Well, from what I remember. I need to revisit that one. Damn good UK prog metal.

The Tull's have been keyed on for some time now. Oh boy, I won't miss those. Even pre-ordered the Japanese mini LP CD's. I know, It's a sickness.

Dave_G
03-20-2004, 04:59 AM
Hey Darren,

Ian and I go way back so I convinced him to give me 50 promo copies of all the Remastered Tulls.

Love,

Dave

DarrenH
03-20-2004, 07:54 AM
Doh!

It was Fireball that I ordered, not Burn. Oh well, they're almost the same.

Hey Dave,

I just spoke with Ian yesterday. He never gave you those promo copies. In fact, he told me to tell you that you're off the list baby. No soup for you, come back 1 year.

Hehe, I sent you a care package yesterday. Take good care of it.

Darren