Infinity PRIMUS Theater Pack. Any thoughts ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Infinity PRIMUS Theater Pack. Any thoughts ?

vigi_lante
03-19-2004, 06:58 PM
Take a look....

Infinity PRIMUS Theater Pack (http://www.infinityspeakers.com/homeaudio/product_detail.aspx?prod=PRIMUSTPBK&series=PRI&cat=HCS)

Well, basically, it's four "Primus 140" satellite speakers, plus, one center speaker, that I don't know if it's a down graded version of "Primus C25" or what.

What you guys think about the quality of this Infinity PRIMUS Theater Pack ?

I know that "Primus 140" satellite speakers are OK. But I'm afraid that buying this kit would be a shoot in the dark, because it have a unknow (or unreviewed) center speaker.

Thanks!

Thomsoad
10-29-2004, 07:04 PM
I got a Primus pack but its comprised of the following:

Pair of the Primus 360's for the fronts
3 Primus 160's for the sides and rear
Primus C25 center speaker
Infinity PS 12 for the sub. I love this system!!

The Primus 140's are the cheapest bookshelves they make. Which isnt too bad compared to other brands. But you are definetly NOT going to shake the house. You will have NO bass (4.5" speakers should tell you that already).

PAT.P
10-29-2004, 08:06 PM
Take a look....

Infinity PRIMUS Theater Pack (http://www.infinityspeakers.com/homeaudio/product_detail.aspx?prod=PRIMUSTPBK&series=PRI&cat=HCS)

Well, basically, it's four "Primus 140" satellite speakers, plus, one center speaker, that I don't know if it's a down graded version of "Primus C25" or what.

What you guys think about the quality of this Infinity PRIMUS Theater Pack ?

I know that "Primus 140" satellite speakers are OK. But I'm afraid that buying this kit would be a shoot in the dark, because it have a unknow (or unreviewed) center speaker.

Thanks!
IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR BUDGET ! WHATS YOUR ROOM SIZE ? HIS IT FOR AN APARTMENT ? HAD A SATELLITE SET JVC NOW MY 7 YEAR OLD SON OWS IT! DID NOT FILL MY LIVING ROOM !WANTED THE LOW FREQUENCY ALSO !INFINITY PRIMUS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL SPEAKER !PAT .P

NickWH
10-30-2004, 05:52 AM
The sensivity on those satellites is pretty low (86db). This means more power for less volume. Also, satellites that only go down to 100Hz will create a hole in the critical crossover range between a subwoofer and the other speakers. You want something that can go down flat to 70 or 80Hz. You can do better, regardless of budget!