In Memory of Dom DeLuise. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of Dom DeLuise.

Smokey
05-08-2009, 07:56 PM
As you know, Dom Deluise died last Monday at age of 75. So this post is a dedication to over forty years of laughter he brought us.

Although he had his own TV show and was regular on variety of TV shows, his most memorable roles are in Mel Brooks and Burt Reynold movies, and bit and pieces here and there in other movies.

IMO, his funniest role was in the movie The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas with Burt Reynold and Dolly Parton. Dom Deluise played a southern TV preacher Melvin Thorpe hell bend on closing down the chicken ranch. But not before the Sheriff (Burt) have to say something about it.

And Dolly didn't look too bad either :eek6:

http://www.stairstars.com/updatepics/BEST_LITTLE_WHOREHOUSE_IN_TEXAS-13.jpg

RoadRunner6
05-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Thanks Smokey for remembering Dom DeLuise. He made me laugh, a lot! I love people who make me laugh and I always try to do the same. Laughter is life's favorite emotion.

RR6 :thumbsup:

Smokey
05-09-2009, 07:41 PM
I agree RR6. He was truly a comical icon. And any part he had on movie was probably was the funniest part.

Like in Mel Brook’s Robin Hood film, Dom play an Italian mobster Don Giovanni and he combined Marlon Brando dialog from Godfather and Waterfront films into one. Imitating Marlon Brando from the Godfather, he kept saying that he could been a contender :D

Worf101
05-10-2009, 07:30 PM
My fondest memory of Mr. DeLuise was a minor role he had in a little known gem, "The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes Smarter Older Brother" with Gene Wilder. In it he played a rather "flamboyant" opera star involved in some transfer of secret plans. He was so funny I was on the floor of the theatre crawling, literally. Never got into the whole Canonball movies but he made me laugh whenever I saw him.

Da Worfster

GMichael
05-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Dom will sure be missed. He had way too many gems to list them all here, but what sticks out for me was a reoccurring role he had in Stargate SG1. As much as it would seem to be out of the norm for him, he still made it work. Kudoos for his son for trusting him to get it right.

He always made me laugh, no matter what he was in.

Da da daaaaaaaaaaaa.... It's HIM!

topspeed
05-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Dom Deluise was underrated, a classic wingman in the same vein as Don Knotts. To me, the funniest parts of the Cannonball movies were always the outtakes, most of them with Dom unable to keep a straight face and deliver his line. Just thinking about it makes me smile :)