OPPO "Pre"- Selling their Blu-Ray Player [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OPPO "Pre"- Selling their Blu-Ray Player

Worf101
05-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Remember a few months ago OPPO was allowing you to pre-register to be one of the first to get their new BR players? Well my drummer go an email from them yesterday saying he could "have one" for a mere $500 or so American. He blanched, then came over last night to watch my up-converter OPPO to see if was worth it.

He was "impressed" but not 5 large impressed. He said he'd let me buy it but OPPO set it up so that it's him or nobody. I'm hoping that as lucky blokes like him demure, others like me might get the email.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

Da Worfster

RoadRunner6
05-06-2009, 01:42 PM
I got my e-mail and sent in the order last night, didn't hesitate one heartbeat (for $517 to my front door).

BadAssJazz
05-06-2009, 02:12 PM
I read my email yesterday and will try to get one next week...assuming there is anything left in the "fun budget" after I finish moving this weekend.

Moving companies...the second biggest ripoff artists on the planet!

pixelthis
05-06-2009, 10:47 PM
I read my email yesterday and will try to get one next week...assuming there is anything left in the "fun budget" after I finish moving this weekend.

Moving companies...the second biggest ripoff artists on the planet!

DONT complain.
I rent a rather large "yall-haul" and what doesnt fit gets chucked or sold or left.
200 bucks and a case of beer gets you four college students for "muscle".
I am expecting reviews on this thing, provided one lasts long enough.:1:

BadAssJazz
05-08-2009, 10:32 AM
DONT complain.
I rent a rather large "yall-haul" and what doesnt fit gets chucked or sold or left.
200 bucks and a case of beer gets you four college students for "muscle".
I am expecting reviews on this thing, provided one lasts long enough.:1:

Unfortunately, there weren't any bonded starving students in my neighborhood free the early morning hours on Sunday. Oh well, what's done is done. Can't wait to get my hands on the Oppo.

Worf101
05-14-2009, 05:45 AM
See above. Anyone else actually "got theirs"? Any first hand experience out there? Enquiring minds wanna know.

Da Worfster

RoadRunner6
05-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Mine shipped today, arrives Saturday. I work weekends so you'll just have to wait. :smile5: Ordered three BD discs today, Baraka, Nightmare Before Christmas and Karate Panda. All three rated tops for video and audio. I'll get some photos up ASAP.

Unfortunately, my new Pre/Pro is some months off so might not get much audio feedback for awhile.

Worf101
06-01-2009, 04:56 AM
What's shakin? Did you get it? How was it? Do you love it?

Please hold a gun on me and FORCE me to buy mine now!!!! I just can't justify that 5 large right now but I want it so!!!!

Da Worfster