Sarah Brightman - Live in Vienna DVD/CD [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Brightman - Live in Vienna DVD/CD

OzzieAudiophile
05-05-2009, 09:48 AM
I got Sarah Brightman's album Symphony, absolutely enjoyed many of the tracks.

However when I heard a Live in Vienna DVD/CD release was available, I had to jump on
the opportunity to get it.

I will try not to turn this into a review so much

The concert is performed at the St Stephen's Cathedral. Words are beyond what you will
see when Sarah Brightman performs. There's a documentary on the Cathedral itself
on the DVD.

As for the musicians, the guest singers, the choir, great preperations have been made
to put it all together, as many Brightman concerts. The music, the sound is absolutely
incredible, some of the tracks I could play over again and again.

My very favourite is Fleurs Du Mal (particularly 2.30 into the song, when she sings
the higher notes). This song is put together spectacularly, with the choir, the zounds of
instruments, everything is done flawlessly. This is such a song that Brightman was
born to sing. This song was not my favourite at first, then took a careful listen to it,
at night, with my eyes closed, the volume very cranked up, on my new Xindak Power
Amps and Dynaudio Contours...

Try this song, if your system is REALLY good, you will simply not believe how much
it will make your system sing, and have it's best come out.

Fleurs Du Mal... the overall experience feels astoundingly enchanced when you see her
performs in the St Stephen's Cathedral, the choir, the lighting, the acoustics, what she
is wearing. You can really tell how serious she is about her work, it shows in her
performances. It starts like Rock/Goth, but has an opera, classical feel to it. Perhaps a
genre of it's own.

This song will inject life into your veins if you really raise the volume.

Definately take it to a hifi store and try it out on whatever you can find.

Attesa is a song to simply sit back and breathe in her beautiful voice.

Sarai Qui - I have not heard of Allessandro Safina previously, but his voice is quite
similar, but in many ways so different to Andrea Bocelli. Fanastic voice, sings the duets
very well with Brightman.

If you are interested in Opera, Classical, or into the Gothic genre, this CD/album caters
to all three for certain.

Provide feedback if you have been blessed experiencing this album.

:16:

MasterCylinder
05-06-2009, 09:44 AM
I'll check this out -- I've been a fan of SB since the original Phantom.
I also own a DVD of Andrew Lloyd Webber's 50th Birthday party that has some amazing performances on there............Brightman, as well as others.

OzzieAudiophile
05-06-2009, 10:08 PM
MasterCylinder -

If you have not been to a Sarah Brightman concert, make sure you do.

I jumped on the opportunity when she came to Western Australia. Only one concert
topped hers. She sounds even better live.