Looking for some Symphony X [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some Symphony X

Finch Platte
05-01-2009, 12:22 PM
I've got these: Live On the Edge, Divine Wings..., Odyssey and Paradise Lost.

Am looking for Twilight In Olympus and V: The New Mythology Suite.

Anyone want to do some tradin'?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUn4jXZko5E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUn4jXZko5E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

fp

Edit: Wow, cheesy video! Some of the comments below it are pretty funny. :^D

3-LockBox
05-01-2009, 03:59 PM
oh snap...

I had V: New Mythology and Odyssey, but traded them a few months ago

I kept Divine Wings of Tragedy

sorry

Mr Peabody
05-01-2009, 06:12 PM
My first Symphony X was Paradise Lost, any of the others come close to being that good?

ForeverAutumn
05-01-2009, 06:14 PM
My first Symphony X was Paradise Lost, any of the others come close to being that good?

That's the only one that I've heard too.

I bought tickets to see Porcupine Tree and Kings X. Until this thread, I was saying Kings X but thinking Symphony X. Now I'm a little disappointed.

Finch Platte
05-02-2009, 08:18 AM

According to AllMusic, it gets the most stars. :arf:

That's why I'm looking for trades, I've got the best ones, and I don't want to spend the $$ to get the crappy ones. :o

Finch Platte
05-02-2009, 08:20 AM
I bought tickets to see Porcupine Tree and Kings X. Until this thread, I was saying Kings X but thinking Symphony X. Now I'm a little disappointed.

http://op-for.com/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Mr Peabody
05-02-2009, 02:40 PM
King's X isn't so bad. Not Symphony X to be sure but it could be worse.

kexodusc
05-03-2009, 03:05 PM
V: The New Mythology Suite and The Odyssey are my favs. Twilight has it's moments. Paradise Lost would be #3 on my list, but it's really good.

On AMG - I find their prog ratings to be hit and miss, more so than any other genre. Rule of thumb for me, if the catalog is rated by different reviewers, the validity of the comparative ratings loses a bit of strength. That said, a few of my friends like Paradise Lost the best, too...

Mr Peabody
05-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Kex, have you heard the new In Flames, Sense Of Purpose? I picked it up and like it quite a bit. It took awhile but I now have the first In This Moment album Beautiful Tradgedy and I'm really liking that. I saw them open for Rob Zombie and I liked them alright but I guess I wasn't ready for her style of vocals. On the album it is a better mix of clean and growling. The singer has a set of lungs like you wouldn't believe, she does this sort of part scream, part growling vocal. One of the songs must have a record or near record long scream.

Get off the stump and get Indestructible :)

kexodusc
05-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Kex, have you heard the new In Flames, Sense Of Purpose? I picked it up and like it quite a bit. It took awhile but I now have the first In This Moment album Beautiful Tradgedy and I'm really liking that. I saw them open for Rob Zombie and I liked them alright but I guess I wasn't ready for her style of vocals. On the album it is a better mix of clean and growling. The singer has a set of lungs like you wouldn't believe, she does this sort of part scream, part growling vocal. One of the songs must have a record or near record long scream.

No I haven't. Mastodon was the last new album I picked up, things have been just a mess lately and music, tv, and movies have taken a back seat for awhile.
I'll have to check this out though, I need a diversion. Thanks.

Finch Platte
05-04-2009, 08:20 AM

Hey!
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/10/train.jpg

:crazy:

Mr Peabody
05-04-2009, 06:26 PM
I went to a "Record Show" yesterday. It's really LP's, CD's and related music stuff. The only Metal I brought home was Megadeth, Cryptic Writings. It's a shame these guys get the cold shoulder for the most part by radio. I thought Almost Honest could have gotten spins on Album Rock stations. I found Triumvarit, Spartacus on LP. I've been meaning to get it and I found a good copy for a $1.00.

ForeverAutumn
05-05-2009, 05:20 AM
I found Triumvarit, Spartacus on LP. I've been meaning to get it and I found a good copy for a $1.00.

I picked that up on CD last year. I remember listening to my brother's copy when I was a kid and finally got around to picking it up for my own collection. What a great, classic album!

Mr Peabody
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
I believe last year is when the Triumvarit titles came out remastered. Other albums kept getting higher priority but there it was and just for $1.00. Pretty much made the trip worth while.