? Your Fav media player (i.e. WMP) and fav burning program (i.e. Nero) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ? Your Fav media player (i.e. WMP) and fav burning program (i.e. Nero)

gixxerific
05-01-2009, 11:09 AM
I have been wanting to get a new media player since Window Media Player 11. Reference to sweaty anatomy not needed. But i have it for my PS3. What is a GREAT media player that I can to use to burn make sync list to my MP3 player and just organize and play my music other than WMP. Also looking for a burning program to burn CD's, DVD's & Bud's. I am using the Nero that came with my Alienware PC a few years ago but I want FLAC playability as well as Wave. functionality. My Nero is somewhat laid back but works very well. I just want to be able to have more control.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks
Dono

pixelthis
05-02-2009, 06:53 PM
I use either BS PLAYER or WINAMP for flac and ape files.
There are a ton of players, either free or non-free on the net.:1:

pixelthis
05-02-2009, 06:58 PM
BTW there is wma lossless that does a great job and is playable on media player.
Media player is really handy when surfing my collection, and the album art works better
than on most players.:1:

gixxerific
05-03-2009, 04:35 AM
Thanks I really don't like the interface on WMP11 I did like WMP10 but have to have 11 now for the PS3. Though I have have other media servers now and don't really need WMP11 anymore. Just looking for a good music program other than Windows.

pixelthis
05-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks I really don't like the interface on WMP11 I did like WMP10 but have to have 11 now for the PS3. Though I have have other media servers now and don't really need WMP11 anymore. Just looking for a good music program other than Windows.

You might want to try these guys, I hear their player is pretty good.
They also have quality downloads with no DRM and in Flac format.:1:

http://www.hdtracks.com/index.php

mlsstl
05-04-2009, 08:22 AM
I find which media player program I use depends on what I'm doing. WMP is handy when I'm testing out material for a new compilation CD. I can quickly drag stuff from an Explorer window, move it around, and most importantly, quickly dump a tune from the list if its not working.

iTunes is handier for reviewing my music database to see what might suit my current mood.

However, I use neither for serious listening. I use a Squeezebox 3 on my main stereo with their wireless remote.

And, for actually creating compilation CDs, I use Adobe Audition since I remix everything to adjust transitions, volume levels and so on. The multi-track mode is very handy for this.

BallinWithNash
05-21-2009, 08:48 PM
iTunes is what I use ... but will be changing to something with a better file type then mp3 ... but if you are looking for editing, MixCraft is very handy you can edit multiple tracks, EQ, set volume limits, normalize, etc...

JoeE SP9
05-21-2009, 11:06 PM
You don't have to use MP3 files with iTunes. You can use AIFF or standard wave files. You have to tell the application what type to use.
BTW: AIFF is Apple's version of .wav files. They are not compressed just as .wav files are not.

You might want to try Songbird. It does all the things iTunes does and more. It's open source software with a free download. It also has lots of different skins If you've tried Firefox then you have experience with open source software.