Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire.

Kam
05-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Has anyone else caught this on Comedy Central (Thursday nights). I love it! It's a nice sendoff spoof of the genre and the main badguy is just fantastic in his evil villainy. Unfortunately it's a super short cable season and the season finale is coming up this coming week. i think it was a total of 6 half-hour episodes? not long at all.

Check it out!

markw
05-01-2009, 02:54 PM
I caught parts of a few episodes and it has potential. It reminds me of the Hercules/Xena shows, which I loved.

You're right. It's such a short timeframe that by the time you are aware of it, it's gone.

I think they should try to show all of 'em in a mini-series format (3 episodes/night for 2 nights) and see what happens. Maybe it would develop a following once people are aware of it.

3-LockBox
05-03-2009, 11:13 AM
It reminds me of the Hercules/Xena shows, which I loved.

That's the best description I've read...very accurate.

I hated Xena/Hercules :sleep: I thought them to be very Bay Watchesque in their effort.

Krod is the same premise, only played for laughs, which IMO are few. Its a very lazy attempt at a parody of those shows (Xena/Hercules), which were already unintentional parodies of themselves anyway, both in dialog and acting. The humor here is as obvious as it is lame what few jokes that come off well are mostly of the crude physical nature. There's no sense of irony or cleverness whatsoever. Think Mel brooks...his brand of humor lost its edge decades ago, and parody attempts like Robin Hood:Men In Tights, Dracula: Dead and Loving It are so forced and so lazily written and acted that they're embarissing. Same with the last two Police Squad or Hot Shots movies and all of the scary movie parodies of the last 10 years, Michael Meyers dreadful Love Guru, etc.

Another comparison to Xena/Hercules is that where attention to detail is spent on sets and clothing, the dialog is plain old, everyday blue collar American, except dumber. If you're going to present a parody of a period drama or genre, you gotta go all out. The great parodies of the past, like Airplane and Mel Brooks '70s movies, all overplayed the uber seriousness of those styles of flicks, as well deadpan delivery of the periods/genres dialog with a keen sense of irony and/or farce.

Krod Mandoon is nothing of the sort. Sorry. Like I said earlier, very lazy.

Worf101
05-04-2009, 04:46 AM
With such disparate reviews... I GOT'S to see it now. Thanks for the heads up.

Da Worfster

markw
05-05-2009, 04:06 AM
Crab Rangoon in particular...

markw
06-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Is there an echo in here?

Auricauricle
06-01-2009, 07:39 AM
Is there an echo in here?

My system: http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/1606.html