Vizio, Onkyo and PIP setup [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Vizio, Onkyo and PIP setup

Hackenbush
04-30-2009, 06:24 PM
I haven't been able to set up my picture in a picture successfully and need some help.

I have a Vizio 47” HDTV, an Onkyo SR606,and a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8240 cable box.
Since we don't always use the surround sound, I have component cable running from the cable to the Vizio.I use the component 1 input on the Vizio for this. I also have a HDMI connecting the cable box to the Onkyo and a HDMI running from the receiver to the TV (HDMI #1 input)for those times we do use the surround sound.

I also have a Wii, Sony Blu Ray and XM radio but I assume they wouldn't be a issue in this.

I haven't been able to get a picture in the PIP ....any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks,
Hackenbush

Mr Peabody
04-30-2009, 08:08 PM
To get PIP you need two sources, like a dual tuner cable box or you could have the ball game on from cable box while watching a movie from Blu ray. I'm not familiar with Vizio's set up but you'd some how have to select what two inputs you will watch.

From what you said I assume you've played inside the set up menu already? Was the manual any help?

Hackenbush
05-01-2009, 05:14 AM
I had been trying to use the PIP in the Vizio , rather than the HDDVR box. Once I switched to the PIP within the cable box, all was well.

Thanks,
Hackenbush