Alt-country - gets skewerd [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Alt-country - gets skewerd

3-LockBox
04-30-2009, 10:26 AM
http://whatsheonaboutnow.blogspot.com/2007/05/nine-things-that-bug-me-about-alt.html

c'mon guys...is there anything worse than a Brit looking down his "knows" at you?

bobsticks
04-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Well...frankly, it's one of my favorite forms of music but there's not a lot there to argue.

3-LockBox
04-30-2009, 10:51 AM
if John Steinbeck was in a band, it'd be alt-country

but what's wrong with that?

I find it infinitely more interesting than most commercial country-western product I've heard.

Swish
04-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Well...frankly, it's one of my favorite forms of music but there's not a lot there to argue.

...made this comment below the skewering; 'Couldn't agree more. I mean, Wilco? A single memorable tune? Nope'. Yeah, whatever dude. Idiot.

3-LockBox
04-30-2009, 05:18 PM
There were actually a few good responses taking the article to task. Some of his points were kinda funny though. Some alt-country bands sound like they share the same lead singer, but Wilco is definitely not one of them - I could think of five or six memorable Wilco tunes right off the top of my head when I saw that comment.

He prolly is right when it comes to a preponderance of sameness in alt-country, but you can say that about any genre.