The Decemberists: Hazards Of Love [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Decemberists: Hazards Of Love

3-LockBox
04-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Boy, this is not something I can casually listen to...its ok, though I think the desire to tell a story gets in the way of song craft. There's a sameness throughout, and yes, I've considered that its a musical theme perhaps, but this album is taking its time to click with me because of this. Perhaps it will grow on me.

Anyone else getting (or not getting) into this one?

ForeverAutumn
04-27-2009, 12:29 PM
I've spun it and enjoyed it. But as soon as I listen to something else I've forgotten it. It doesn't seem to be sticking with me the way The Crane Wife did.

On a related note, The Decemberists are coming to town this summer and I can't find anyone to come with me! That the show is on a long weekend is not helping matters. I've said this before and I'll say it again...I need friends with better (or, at least, different) taste in music. :(

Swish
04-27-2009, 12:41 PM
I've spun it and enjoyed it. But as soon as I listen to something else I've forgotten it. It doesn't seem to be sticking with me the way The Crane Wife did.

On a related note, The Decemberists are coming to town this summer and I can't find anyone to come with me! That the show is on a long weekend is not helping matters. I've said this before and I'll say it again...I need friends with better (or, at least, different) taste in music. :(

...year or so.:D But seriously, if you have a chance to see them, they are not to be missed, if you're a fan anyway, and that you are. I was able to cross them off my list of 'bands I must see before I die (or they are gone)', and I'll soon be able to cross off the Shins as well. Sweet!

3-LockBox
04-27-2009, 08:43 PM
The Shins are going to be in my neck of the woods next weekend and I have a stupid family function to go to on the other side of the state.

:mad2:

ForeverAutumn
04-28-2009, 05:12 AM
The Shins are going to be in my neck of the woods next weekend and I have a stupid family function to go to on the other side of the state.

:mad2:

Priorities, priorities. :frown2: