Congrats Rich! You own a collectible! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Rich! You own a collectible!

topspeed
04-27-2009, 09:01 AM
First, a very late congratulations on your G8 GT. Truly a fantastic car. Not just a great American car, but a great car period.

I never knew you were blessed with the powers of second sight, because you managed to corral that last, and quite possibly best car that Pontiac has built in its illustrious history. Good thing you kept the WS6, now you can wrap the G8 in cellophane and sell it at Barrett/Jackson in a few years for a profit.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090427/CARNEWS/904279997

Seriously tho, it's a sad day for gearheads. Pontiac has made a number of iconic cars in its history, perhaps most notably the game changing GTO. I remember fondly tearing up parking lots and crusing John Wayne Beach in my roommate's red '67 GTO. Even though it was 20 years old, it would draw more approving nods than any modern iron.

So long Pontiac, thanks for the laughs.

GMichael
04-27-2009, 10:00 AM
I haven't seen Rich in a while. He hasn't even logged onto his PS3 in almost a month. I hope he's OK.

ForeverAutumn
04-27-2009, 10:35 AM
I haven't seen Rich in a while. He hasn't even logged onto his PS3 in almost a month. I hope he's OK.

Funny, just this morning I was thinking that it's been a while since I've seen him around. So I checked his status. His last posts were on April 8 but it shows that his last activity was yesterday.

Rich...you out there man? :confused:

topspeed
04-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Didn't know that. He's beginning to sound a lot like someone I know...

ForeverAutumn
04-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Didn't know that. He's beginning to sound a lot like someone I know...

The invisible man?

GMichael
04-28-2009, 01:01 PM
The invisible man = Topspeed

Yup...

ForeverAutumn
04-28-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm worried about him. It's not like him to not jump all over a thread talking about his car.

GMichael
04-29-2009, 05:13 AM
Anyone have his email? Maybe that someone could send a msg that we miss him. I'll send him a msg on the PS3 tonight, but it doesn't look like he's even turned the thing on in a month.

Rich-n-Texas
05-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks speedy (wherever you are :rolleyes: )

Thanks all. Just needed to reload my shotgun so I could chase dumbass down by the river as a means of silencing his idiotic posts (anybody got any rifled slugs? The buckshot doesn't seem to be doing the trick :mad2: )

Anyway...

I never knew you were blessed with the powers of second sight, because you managed to corral that last, and quite possibly best car that Pontiac has built in its illustrious history. Good thing you kept the WS6, now you can wrap the G8 in cellophane and sell it at Barrett/Jackson in a few years for a profit.
Me? Blessed with powers? You kidding? Within two weeks of ownership I managed to inflict pain and suffering on my new ride and thus, on myself! :cryin: :cryin: :cryin:

While pulling into a primo parking spot at work, I didn't line up my angle of attack properly and managed to scrape the front fender against some POS pickup truck. The fender rubbed along the truck's rubber door gaurd; I felt nothing, no feedback from the steering wheel but managed to do $1,400 worth of damage. I was only able to hear the metal to rubber contact but by then it was too late. So there ya go.

I thought I read somewhere that the production numbers for the G8 probably won't qualify it as collectible; don't really know how all that works anyway, but if I had thrown another $3-4K at the dealer and brought home a G8 GXP instead, then I'd have something to crow about down the road. Nevertheless, I did keep my Firebird, and as long as I can swing the car payments on my G8, the plan is to make the Firebird either a showcar or a race car. It has aftermarket components in it which would lend it to road-racing and/or drag racing, so it'll either become my project car or sold to reduce my newly acquired car payments.

I get to pick up my G8 from the dealer's body shop today so pics will come soon...

L.J.
05-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Dang...just when I thought you were gone for good!!!

ForeverAutumn
05-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Hey Rich. Glad to see you back here. As for the little fender bender...OUCH! That's gotta hurt!

Rich-n-Texas
05-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Yeah, and wait'll topspeed(Imslo, Itsbroke) reads my post. :cryin:

GMichael
05-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Dang Rich. Have you even had the thing a full month yet?
Good to see you post again. Welcome back.

Rich-n-Texas
05-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Well, I've owned it for a month, but it hasn't been in my possesion for a month. :incazzato:

I got free Onstar for a year, 130 hands-free calling minutes, free XM for two months and Turn-by-Turn navigation through Onstar for 1 month, which obviously has expired.

Dang...just when I thought you were gone for good!!!
Have I opened a can of whoopass on you in... what's the name of that PS3 game again... recently? :ihih:

audio amateur
05-05-2009, 01:15 PM
I saw a couple in the US while I was there, nice lookin' machines. Too bad you'll never have the full 415HP, 415 lb/ft of torque :ciappa: (funny that those numbers are exactly the same). If you ever do fancy a tune-up, know that your transmission is good for 600 lb/ft torque.
I think your avatar now deserves a new picture :)

Sorry to hear about that misshap, those things do happen unfortunately..

L.J.
05-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Have I opened a can of whoopass on you in... what's the name of that PS3 game again... recently? :ihih:

Ohhh...I guess you didn't hear the bad news. I'm afraid I won't be playing PS3 for awhile :arf:

bobsticks
05-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Rich...you ol' scurvied bastard....welcome back!

Rich-n-Texas
05-05-2009, 03:59 PM
sticks! New avatar. Lookin' sharp there bud. :thumbsup:

bobsticks
05-05-2009, 04:04 PM
sticks! New avatar. Lookin' sharp there bud. :thumbsup:

Gracias, mi amigo...new avi, new home, new job...life is good my friend...et tu?

JSE
05-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanks speedy (wherever you are :rolleyes: )

Thanks all. Just needed to reload my shotgun so I could chase dumbass down by the river as a means of silencing his idiotic posts (anybody got any rifled slugs? The buckshot doesn't seem to be doing the trick :mad2: )

Anyway...

Me? Blessed with powers? You kidding? Within two weeks of ownership I managed to inflict pain and suffering on my new ride and thus, on myself! :cryin: :cryin: :cryin:

While pulling into a primo parking spot at work, I didn't line up my angle of attack properly and managed to scrape the front fender against some POS pickup truck. The fender rubbed along the truck's rubber door gaurd; I felt nothing, no feedback from the steering wheel but managed to do $1,400 worth of damage. I was only able to hear the metal to rubber contact but by then it was too late. So there ya go.

I thought I read somewhere that the production numbers for the G8 probably won't qualify it as collectible; don't really know how all that works anyway, but if I had thrown another $3-4K at the dealer and brought home a G8 GXP instead, then I'd have something to crow about down the road. Nevertheless, I did keep my Firebird, and as long as I can swing the car payments on my G8, the plan is to make the Firebird either a showcar or a race car. It has aftermarket components in it which would lend it to road-racing and/or drag racing, so it'll either become my project car or sold to reduce my newly acquired car payments.

I get to pick up my G8 from the dealer's body shop today so pics will come soon...

Ha-a--a-a-a-a-a...... Nooooo worrires..... My brother's got this Awwwwwwsome Tool Box. I can fix it! :thumbsup:

That does suck there Rich. Still no excuse for not posting in a while but.....sucks none the less. :mad5:

Rich-n-Texas
05-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Gracias, mi amigo...new avi, new home, new job...life is good my friend...et tu?
Most excellent sir! :thumbsup:

I have faith that more good is coming my way. I'm an eternal optomist, despite my online MO.

Rich-n-Texas
05-06-2009, 04:41 AM
I saw a couple in the US while I was there, nice lookin' machines. Too bad you'll never have the full 415HP, 415 lb/ft of torque :ciappa: (funny that those numbers are exactly the same). If you ever do fancy a tune-up, know that your transmission is good for 600 lb/ft torque.
I think your avatar now deserves a new picture :)

Sorry to hear about that misshap, those things do happen unfortunately..
Don't need 415 horsey's to toast BMW 5xx's. :D

And... never say never. LG Motorsports is a block and 1/2 away from my house. :ihih:

New avatar coming soon to a theater near you!

Worf101
05-06-2009, 05:49 AM
(Worf don's old campaign hat and OD's. assumes belligerant manner, presses brim of hat into Rich's nose)

Dear Lord and Sonny Jeezus!!! Where in God's good name did you learn how to drive troop? I betcha if there was some (fill in the blank) at the end of that parking space you'dda pulled in right and tight wouldn't cha? Where'd you learn to drive the Helen Keller Driving School???!!!!! You drive like old people **** sloppy and loose!!!! Drop down and start pushin' till I get tired.

Sorry to hear about your.. ahem driving distress. Good to have ya back?

Da Worfster

Rich-n-Texas
05-06-2009, 06:38 AM
(Worf don's old campaign hat and OD's. assumes belligerant manner, presses brim of hat into Rich's nose)

Dear Lord and Sonny Jeezus!!! Where in God's good name did you learn how to drive troop?
New Jersey about 30 years ago. :D

I betcha if there was some (fill in the blank) at the end of that parking space you'dda pulled in right and tight wouldn't cha?
Depends on what your definition of "blank" is. :ihih:

Where'd you learn to drive the Helen Keller Driving School???!!!!!
See above. :o

You drive like old people **** sloppy and loose!!!! Drop down and start pushin' till I get tired.
Gawd, I haven't done a pushup in light-years.

Sorry to hear about your.. ahem driving distress. Good to have ya back?

Da Worfster
I only took a month off. Everybody deserves a vacation once-in-a-while ya know? :crazy:

GMichael
05-06-2009, 07:13 AM
New Jersey about 30 years ago. :D
That 'splains a lot.

Depends on what your definition of "blank" is. :ihih:
Usually warm and sometimes furry. Always wet.

See above. :o
Still not getting better. (No letters please, this means you Mark)

Gawd, I haven't done a pushup in light-years.
You've been light-years away. What were you doing out there? Oh, that's right. Push-ups in space are so mush easier.

I only took a month off. Everybody deserves a vacation once-in-a-while ya know? :crazy:

From us? You've heard of laptops right? Take us with you next time.

Rich-n-Texas
05-06-2009, 09:33 AM
When L.J. and Cartman take me on wonna their ultra-lavish vacations, I'll take all y'all on wonna mine.

This doesn't apply to FA though. I'll vaca with her anytime! :biggrin5:

topspeed
05-06-2009, 11:30 AM
I know you're in the south, Rich, but I didn't realize you were such a huge NASCAR guy. Rubbin' is racin', eh?

Sorry to hear about your mishap, but think of it this way; you got the inevitable scratch/ding out of the way and now your car should stay pristine. The second week I had my car, a curb jumped up and bit the hell out of my air dam. I hate it when that happens! :mad5: Who woulda thunk the aero kit on a 335 would be lower than the M3??? Now I park so shallow, there's at least a foot or two between the front of the car and the curb.

Pics. Now.

Rich-n-Texas
05-06-2009, 02:53 PM
I know you're in the south, Rich, but I didn't realize you were such a huge NASCAR guy. Rubbin' is racin', eh?
Well, it took me about five years to get over Dale Earnhardt's death, but yes, I was/am a NASCAR race fan. Yeah it was just wonna them racin' deals ya know? :mad2:

Sorry to hear about your mishap, but think of it this way; you got the inevitable scratch/ding out of the way and now your car should stay pristine. The second week I had my car, a curb jumped up and bit the hell out of my air dam. I hate it when that happens! :mad5: Who woulda thunk the aero kit on a 335 would be lower than the M3??? Now I park so shallow, there's at least a foot or two between the front of the car and the curb.
The funny thing is, when I was taking my co-workers to lunch a few days before this happened we were talking about that exact thing: "It's almost like you want that first ding to happen ASAP just to get it out of the way". Well, it only took ONE WEEK after that discussion for that to happen. :nonod:

And I know all about the air dam deal too. On my lowered Firebird, I'd always dread it when I was pulling into a parking spot and the front end would lift slightly, letting me know that I just made a bonehead move. Backing up and hearing that all too familiar scraping sound would just make my blood boil. :rolleyes:

Pics. Now.

Don't you want to wait'll I get some Zaino coats applied? My car-care bucket's all fulled up wit Zaino goodies now. :ihih:

topspeed
05-07-2009, 02:32 PM
And I know all about the air dam deal too. On my lowered Firebird, I'd always dread it when I was pulling into a parking spot and the front end would lift slightly, letting me know that I just made a bonehead move. Backing up and hearing that all too familiar scraping sound would just make my blood boil. :rolleyes:If I ever do it again, instead of backing up, I'm going to get my fat ass out of the car, put 'er in neutral, and roll her back. Maybe the front will lift enough that I don't do twice the damage?

Don't you want to wait'll I get some Zaino coats applied? My car-care bucket's all fulled up wit Zaino goodies now. :ihih:
Fair 'nuff. Get 3 or 4 coats of Sal's finest on her and let's see what she looks like.

Rich-n-Texas
05-07-2009, 03:58 PM
I got my baby back today, and as far as I can tell... good as new. In fact, better than new because I asked the shop rep if he could have someone buff some deep swirl marks and a surface scatch out of the hood, and happily they're long gone now.

We've been getting a lot of rain here in the past couple of weeks (fortunately no hail :yikes: ) but if the weekend's good I plan on spending some time on it..

Rich-n-Texas
05-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Dual Rustang wet dream messer-uppers:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/rich3fan/My%20cars/Dualstangkillas003.jpg

:ihih:

Rich-n-Texas
05-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Not sure what to make of you diazed120. Have you introduced yourself?

An excellent week of good, sunny weather has started so I'm going to take advantage and spend serious energy on the new beast. :thumbsup:

GMichael
05-19-2009, 08:39 AM
An excellent week of good, sunny weather has started so I'm going to take advantage and spend serious energy on the new beast. :thumbsup:

That's great Rich! I'm happy for you. What's the girl's name? But I thought you'd be spending some time with the new car.

JSE
05-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Dual Rustang wet dream messer-uppers:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/rich3fan/My%20cars/Dualstangkillas003.jpg

:ihih:

Them's purdy! That's a great color on the new girl!

Rich-n-Texas
05-19-2009, 11:08 AM
No one has said anything about the light show going on in the back of the garage. :incazzato:

I have no idea how that happened other than the sun was behind me when I took that picture. What it's reflecting off... :confused:

ForeverAutumn
05-19-2009, 11:14 AM
No one has said anything about the light show going on in the back of the garage. :incazzato:

I have no idea how that happened other than the sun was behind me when I took that picture. What it's reflecting off... :confused:

I was far too dazzled by the cars to notice the light show. But now that you mention it, it is pretty cool.

Luvin Da Blues
05-19-2009, 11:23 AM
. What it's reflecting off... :confused:

Would that be refraction (thru the glass) my friend?

Rich-n-Texas
05-19-2009, 11:32 AM
I don't know. You're the wire jockey... :biggrin5:

Auricauricle
05-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Geeze, I'm glad you figgered that out! I thought it was some warp-drive or some such sci-fi hokus pokus!

Nice, Rich...Nice!

Rich-n-Texas
05-19-2009, 11:37 AM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/rich3fan/My%20cars/G8GT010.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/rich3fan/My%20cars/G8GT002.jpg

Just stop me if I'm becoming obnoxious. :smilewinkgrin:

Luvin Da Blues
05-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Berry Nice Richard. I considered tradin' my GrandAmGT in for one of those baby's...I'm sure I'll come to regret it.

Rich-n-Texas
05-19-2009, 11:43 AM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/rich3fan/My%20cars/hootersgirls12-1.jpg

WHOOPS!!! How'd that one get in there. :ihih:

JSE
05-19-2009, 12:20 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/rich3fan/My%20cars/G8GT002.jpg

Just stop me if I'm becoming obnoxious. :smilewinkgrin:

That's a nice BMW you got there Rich................................Oooooops?, I mean that's a nice looking Pontiac you got there Rich. :idea:

BTW, someone needs some fertilizer on their lawn! :mad:

Auricauricle
05-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Still tryin' to get the girls to buff your hood, Rich? :) I notice that car in the photo wasn't very red, BTW....

Rich-n-Texas
05-19-2009, 03:43 PM
That was my first Firebird, purchased in '98. Got tired of the color so I traded it in on the red one.

BTW, someone needs some fertilizer on their lawn!
That was a month ago. It's growing like wildfire these days what with all the rain around here. TrueGreen will be out on Friday. :ciappa:

Charlie04SiR
05-20-2009, 09:42 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/rich3fan/My%20cars/hootersgirls12-1.jpg

WHOOPS!!! How'd that one get in there. :ihih: Whoa!!! Rich, are those all your daughters?? :D I am seriously drooling!!! arf arf arf!! bark bark!! awwwwworrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
:smilewinkgrin:

topspeed
05-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Great color, Rich! Are you going to tint the windows? I think it would add a bit of menace, not that the car needs it. One other thing, the G8 is a car that looks soooo much better in person. Pictures just don't capture the athletic stance and the seriously flared fenders. I saw a white one yesterday and even in that limp color, the G8 looks like a predator.

I can't believe Pontiac made perhaps their best ever car just in time to go out of business :rolleyes:.

Good job, Wagoner. You da man.

Rich-n-Texas
05-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Great color, Rich! Are you going to tint the windows? I think it would add a bit of menace, not that the car needs it. One other thing, the G8 is a car that looks soooo much better in person. Pictures just don't capture the athletic stance and the seriously flared fenders. I saw a white one yesterday and even in that limp color, the G8 looks like a predator.
Thanks Speed. Yes, I just got the number of the guy who tinted my Firebird so I'm going to give him a call ASAP. He put a 3M film on it and it hasn't faded, bubbled or anything else. I think tint film technology has advanced somewhat since 2000, and I'll pay whatever price for the latest and greatest. This guy has a real nack for cutting the film perfectly; I just hope he's still doing it as a side profession.

I guess you could tell that my driveway has a very steep slope, but to tell ya the truth, I really don't like the back end sitting so much higher than the front. I lowered my Firebird and to me has a much more sinister look/stance than stock.

I'm going to start claying it this weekend as long as nothing else comes up and then start in with the Zaino. A lot of owners are complaining about paint chips on the hood and facia, so I need to get cracking.

I can't believe Pontiac made perhaps their best ever car just in time to go out of business :rolleyes:.

Good job, Wagoner. You da man.
I hear ya. That's the popular rant these days about GM. What a bunch of dumbasses. :rolleyes: