new to this site [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : new to this site

Marty01
03-19-2004, 02:12 PM
im just wondering, where can someone(like.. lets sayy... me) find the specs for a set of speakers i have.. im unsure of model number, but i can find out when i get home.. they are made by Technics, yea i know.. nothing fancy.. but they sound good and have decent thump.. for the price i got them for.. its a great deal, anyways.. now that you all know im a cheapskate... how can i go abouts finding the specs? stuff like freq response, sensitivity and all those fun numbers.. :confused:

markw
03-19-2004, 02:52 PM
Welcome to the site. Unfortunately, this particular site is a bit weak on vintage nuts although for everything else it's pretty durn good.

For more vintage oriented forums, you might want to explore http://www.audiokarma.org and http://www.audioasylum.com.

You'll find people there who think it's still 1975. This place is more into HT and general audio.

Again welcome. Y'all come back now, hear?.

03-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey, never say anything you own isnt fancy!
You dissing your own stuff before I'm dissing it. No! your technics gear is fine. If you enjoy it then its fine. In fact, I got an old technics at home that my dad bought bout 20 or so years ago. It served us well (until the stylus broke on the turntable and we never used it ever since and my dad never replaced it for some strange reason). What matters is that you are happy with it (and it looks like you are).

Welcome to the site.

Marty01
03-20-2004, 07:10 AM
Hey, never say anything you own isnt fancy!
You dissing your own stuff before I'm dissing it. No! your technics gear is fine. If you enjoy it then its fine. In fact, I got an old technics at home that my dad bought bout 20 or so years ago. It served us well (until the stylus broke on the turntable and we never used it ever since and my dad never replaced it for some strange reason). What matters is that you are happy with it (and it looks like you are).

Welcome to the site.

hehe beleive me im happy with em.. was just curious on the specs.. and i found em.. panasonic site.. all i needed was the model number :), but thatnks for the warm welcome.. and yes ill be back here often :).. hope i can help out a few peeps too

P.S. my technics are very good.. but they will never be Cerwin Vega's lol.. DUH!!

kelsci
03-20-2004, 04:25 PM
im just wondering, where can someone(like.. lets sayy... me) find the specs for a set of speakers i have.. im unsure of model number, but i can find out when i get home.. they are made by Technics, yea i know.. nothing fancy.. but they sound good and have decent thump.. for the price i got them for.. its a great deal, anyways.. now that you all know im a cheapskate... how can i go abouts finding the specs? stuff like freq response, sensitivity and all those fun numbers.. :confused:

Marty01; the first place you start is with the model number for your search. I would follow the advice some of the other members have given you for our search including AUDIOREVIEW.COM here on those speakers. I would try the REVIEWS section on speakers in the category you think your speakers belong to(bookshelf, floorstanding etc.).
Also type in the search area at the top the model number for discussions and products.

I remember when Technics first produced loudspeakers in the 70s. They sounded quite good in comparison to lots of others out there at that time for the price. They have put out for the price some pretty darn good floor standing units of which I would have used myself. Sometimes good things come in cheap packages.

mtrycraft
03-20-2004, 07:59 PM

Once you find the specs, what are you going to do with it? If is is not to your likeing, will you buy something else? Or just curious? Either way, it won't matter much now :)

BrianUDLaw
03-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Once you find the model number, check here...

http://www.vintagetechnics.com/loudspeakers.htm

markw
03-21-2004, 08:10 AM
Once you find the model number, check here...

http://www.vintagetechnics.com/loudspeakers.htm

Great resource! Thanks for sharing it with us.

BrianUDLaw
03-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Great resource! Thanks for sharing it with us.

You're welcome. I found it when I was looking for info on a pair of speakers that my dad bought me when I was a kid.

-Brian

03-21-2004, 12:12 PM
Man...it doesnt have the model of speaker that my dad has. Everything else is there though...
But yeah, it's a great site. I have been looking for stats for that stuff for months now.

Thanks

Marty01
03-22-2004, 07:13 AM
WOW!! talk about getting a wealth of information!! thanks guys.. and to the ones who want to know why im looking for the specs of speakers im glad that i have.. im just a numbers junkie lol and very curious on what the blasted things can do hehe

Smokey
03-22-2004, 07:22 AM
new to this site.

What was that? New?

You can't fool me. I remember when you were a trouble maker back in the old General forum. Please don't behave the same here :D

Welcome back :)

Marty01
03-22-2004, 11:13 AM
What was that? New?

You can't fool me. I remember when you were a trouble maker back in the old General forum. Please don't behave the same here :D

Welcome back :)

hehe.. sorry smokey.. but you have me confused with someone else.. no harm no foul though :)

r3dline
03-23-2004, 02:33 PM
found em.. panasonic site.. all i needed was the model number :)

Was Technics a Panasonic owned company? :confused:

markw
03-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Was Technics a Panasonic owned company? :confused:

It was cerated for their more upscale products. Not unlike how Infiniti and Lexus were created for Nissan snd Toyota.

r3dline
03-23-2004, 07:29 PM
So Technics was created as the "high end" panasonic? What's that say for Panasonic...

just kidding. I hear some of the technics stuff can be pretty good, although I've never heard any.