Did I miss the official Doves Rool thread? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss the official Doves Rool thread?

Jim Clark
04-27-2009, 07:34 AM
This thing is freaking awesome. Don't let the opening track throw you off - it's not a Depeche Mode redux album - although that track is a lot of fun too.

Kingdom Of Rust.

Buy it.

You're welcome.

jc

Mr MidFi
04-27-2009, 07:52 AM
First of all... good to see you, Jim. How's everything?

I posted something about it in another thread (can't remember which). I've been loving it, too. Definitely going to be in my top 10 this year, possibly top 5.

My first listen was like, hey, sounds like a Doves album. Which is a good thing, of course. But subsequent listens have revealed a lot of interesting choices and creative touches. This might end up being my favorite from them, before it's all said and done.

3-LockBox
04-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Its on my radar, but I'll have to wait a while before getting any new music.

Ex Lion Tamer
04-28-2009, 05:46 AM
This thing is freaking awesome. Don't let the opening track throw you off - it's not a Depeche Mode redux album - although that track is a lot of fun too.

Kingdom Of Rust.

Buy it.

You're welcome.

jc

Hey there Jim, always good to see you posting. I had heard a couple of versions of the title track - which I,liked but I was on the fence on getting the album - you've pushed me over that fence. Thanks!

Jim Clark
04-28-2009, 05:54 AM
First of all... good to see you, Jim. How's everything?

I posted something about it in another thread (can't remember which). I've been loving it, too. Definitely going to be in my top 10 this year, possibly top 5.

My first listen was like, hey, sounds like a Doves album. Which is a good thing, of course. But subsequent listens have revealed a lot of interesting choices and creative touches. This might end up being my favorite from them, before it's all said and done.

Busy, just like everyone else I imagine : ) Still spending way too much on music but without the constant guidance of the forum seems I have more misses than usual.

Glad I'm not the only one enjoying the Doves latest, it's awesome!

Hope you and your family are doing well.

jc

noddin0ff
04-30-2009, 04:17 AM
Listened to some samples and put it on the 'Buy List'. Thanks Jim.

3LB
06-11-2009, 07:37 PM
I listened to that Doves album finally (though I borrowed it). It a blast and soon, very soon, I shall buy it.

Mr MidFi
06-12-2009, 05:44 AM
I listened to that Doves album finally (though I borrowed it). It a blast and soon, very soon, I shall buy it.

Better late than never, man.