Best TV Guest spot [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best TV Guest spot

ForeverAutumn
04-24-2009, 07:11 AM
I started to write this in the Lost thread but didn't want to take it off topic. So I thought that I would start a new thread.

Kex mentioned Michael Emerson's guest appearance on The Practice and how creepy he was. I was going to response that Emerson also did a guest spot on Law & Order SVU that was creepy, but not as creepy as Martin Short's guest spot on SVU...that was a real surprise since he's a comedian. But Short's performance on SVU sent chills down my spine and showed me a whole new side of him.

Another memorable show is the short-lived LA Doctors where Robin Williams plays a man with Elephant Man disease and his performance made me cry. That was in 1999 and my first time seeing him in a serious role.

What are some of your favourite TV guest spots?

kexodusc
04-24-2009, 07:19 AM
I loved Steve Buscemi on the Sopranos in season 4.

Don't really get that excited over msot guest spots though. But Cam Neely in Dumb and Dumber was pure gold!

Kam
04-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Ben Vereen on Fresh Prince.

Everytime Uncle Phil hugs Will at the end i cry.

Worf101
04-27-2009, 04:56 AM
Good topic. Specially since you limited it to TV.

1. Ben Vereen again on STNG, Geordie's Dad I believe.

2. Lyle Lovett on "Dharma and Gregg" - caught this last month completely by accident.

3. Oprah when she showed up on Ellen D'generis' show unannounced.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Dave

Auricauricle
04-27-2009, 06:31 AM
Michael Ironside in ER.

I donno..Ever since I saw him play Revok in David Cronenberg's Scanners, he's appalled me and pleased me...