anyone heard the new Depeche Mode? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard the new Depeche Mode?

3-LockBox
04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
jus wonerin

Jim Clark
04-27-2009, 06:43 AM
DM is still an automatic buy for me - just haven't picked it up yet. I'll break free sometime this week. I see BB has it on sale for like 9.99 this week. One of the few times I'll break from the neighborhood record store.

That will help offset the 19.99 I got ripped off for the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs last week.

jc

3-LockBox
04-27-2009, 07:17 AM
I heard a few tracks from the new DM, and they sounded pretty decent. I have to admit that I've lost touch with DM since Violator.

I've heard a few of the new YeahYeahYeahs...whats so bad about it. I have no opinion one way or another, I'm not like a big fan or anything (I wasn't wowed by Show Your Bones), but what didn't you like about it.

TheHills44060
05-12-2009, 04:09 AM
It's awful...it pains me to say it but I have to be honest. Ever since Ultra, which blew me away, each album has slid downhill and this one is absolutely horrendous.

The Cure, Morrissey, etc...last albums were amazing so I don't know why Mode can't get their sh&t together.

Finch Platte
05-12-2009, 10:48 AM
See Enn Enn interview here. (http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/12/depeche.mode/index.html)

ForeverAutumn
05-13-2009, 06:07 AM
Depeche Mode's singer falls ill

A Depeche Mode concert for 20,000 fans has been cancelled after lead singer David Gahan was taken to hospital.

The Electro-pop veterans, known for hits such as Personal Jesus and Just Can't Get Enough, were due to play in the Greek capital Athens.

But Tuesday night's performance was scrapped after Gahan, 47, fell ill with suspected gastroenteritis.

However a spokesman said the illness was likely to be short-lived and he hoped the band would play on Wednesday.

Footage of the announcement at Athens' Terra Vibe park was posted on YouTube.

A spokesman told the crowd: "Dave is not well, we have had a doctor in to see him backstage and unfortunately the advice from the doctor is that Dave cannot perform.

Depeche Mode spokesman
"He is on his way to the hospital now for a check-up.

"I apologise on behalf of Dave and Depeche Mode - Dave really wanted to be well enough to perform.

"I am very sorry there is nothing we can do - he is genuinely ill. He asked me to pass on my apologies to you all."

The spokesman then prompted cheers after telling the crowd that the show could be rescheduled.

Depeche Mode have sold an estimated 75 million albums worldwide since forming in Basildon, Essex, in 1980.

noddin0ff
05-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Ok, I bit.

Mini review after one listen:

Started out promising. Opening few seconds caught me entirely off guard. First minute or so into track one held some promise of pushing the envelope a bit, bringing back a DM with something to say musically. Then... a slow fade to just your ordinary DM, maybe sub-ordinary. Album seems subdued and slightly brooding. It didn't conjure up the groove, nor did it hit that jangly sensitive nerve they used to hit so accurately and uniquely.

Not too excited. It's OK. It doesn't suck. I think there's hope for a better album in the future. This didn't make it though.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41fjBIR21vL._SL500_AA240_.jpg