What cables will I need for the following HTS? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What cables will I need for the following HTS?

theosophe74
04-22-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm planning on finally taking the plunge into HD. I've done some research, and these are the components that I'm planning to buy for my 12 ft. x 12 ft. living room:

TV: Samsung LN32B650
DVD: Samsung BD-P3600
AVR: Onkyo TX-SR606B
Speakers/Subwoofer: Energy 5.1 Take Classic

If you see any issues with the above selections, please feel free to voice them.

Now I need to figure out the right cables to purchase to connect all of these things so that I don't unnecessarily downgrade the experience by buying the wrong kind.

For HDMI cables, the Mediabridge - 6ft Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable - 120 Hz - Version 1.3 Category 2 seems to be popular on Amazon. How many do I need? Would you recommend an alternative?

I believe that I also need speaker cable and a subwoofer cable, as the Energy system comes with neither. Is there a specific brand/gauge of speaker cable and of a subwoofer cable that you would recommend that won't wind up costing me multiple hundreds of dollars? I want realistic sound, but I also only have a 144 sq ft room. :-)

Any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Kevio
04-22-2009, 11:32 AM
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/ will set you up. Looks like a good price for that Mediabridge cable though.

You'll need 2 HDMI cables unless you need a third for a cable/satellite decoder box your not telling us about.

theosophe74
04-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Yes, I will have a cable box as well, so it sounds like I'll need 3 HDMI cables.

Mr Peabody
04-22-2009, 06:22 PM
I second the BlueJeans. That would be perfect for your setup.